Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    for under the hood...

small budget:
    - K&N replacement panel filter (no potential issues or whatsoever)

decent budget:
    - Injen (but don't drive through floods or go WOT in heavy rains) and best to check w/ VIC Roads first on uncovered intake pod..

big budget:
    - GruppeM intake
    - select all the performance mods listed in Heel Toe Automotive TSX (CL9) section, incl bolt on Comptech Supercharger Kit per below link

https://www.heeltoeauto.com/Acura-TS...-CL9-c-58.html

but remember, the more mods you put onto the car, the higher your insurance premium (unless you don't bother to insure all those mods) and the more potential headaches and $$$ evaporates from your bank when something does not go right. it's a risk that you must be aware of and accept

Member Array
    Car:
    05 EURO CL9
    just a question about this.. im in melbourne, is a CAI illegal? as a P plater
    OH WERD?!!

Member Array
    Car:
    05 EURO CL9
    * i know any sort of modification is illegal but do police frown upon the CAI?
    OH WERD?!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    The intake is pretty hard to see just say it is enclosed they won't take off your bumper

Member Array
    Car:
    05 EURO CL9
    yeah i get that. but is the intake itself illegal? i mean they'll see this big shiny part in my engine bay saying INTAKE and be like wtf is this (assuming cop has no idea about cars)
    OH WERD?!!

Member Array
    Car:
    07' CL9 Lux 5AT
    Quote Originally Posted by DEIFIC View Post
    yeah i get that. but is the intake itself illegal? i mean they'll see this big shiny part in my engine bay saying INTAKE and be like wtf is this (assuming cop has no idea about cars)
    If you're worried bout legalities, the CT-E Icebox is about as stock looking as you'll get from an aftermarket intake. I sprayed mine with VHT Wrinkle Black and most people wouldn't be able to pick it out as an aftermarket part

Member Array
    Car:
    05 EURO CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by jono_l View Post
    If you're worried bout legalities, the CT-E Icebox is about as stock looking as you'll get from an aftermarket intake. I sprayed mine with VHT Wrinkle Black and most people wouldn't be able to pick it out as an aftermarket part
    i've had a Fujita CAI in my euro for about 4-5 months. im not too worried about legalities haha besides my car doesnt attract too much attention as it is. i was just wondering if its illegal or not.
    OH WERD?!!