Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport

Kaixen HID operation

Hi all,
    i have installed my Kaixen HID kit 3 months ago, so far, it runs well, excellent.
    Thanks to those who recommends this product to me.
    however, yesterday, my left hand side headlight was not working...
    i am thinking if it is a blown bulb, i will check it later by changing the right hand side bulb to the left.
    But, may i ask for a question, when i switch on my headlight after starting my car, the light goes very dim initially, and then eventually become brighter. May i ask, if this is a normal starting up of the Kaixen HID kit?
    i wish that is a normal situation.....but i am thinking if i have in fact incorrectly installed the kit when i first installed it....=='
    (i got a new battery from Honda, so, the battery should be in perfect condition. and i have put the ballast in a good place away from heat and water suggested by an experienced mate here in Ozhonda)
    so, i am thinking if my Kaixen HID kit is working normally.....
    thanks a lot.

Member Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE R
    All HID kits do the initial burst and then dim for a moment then build back up dude..well
    Most if not all... So very normal..
    And as for one not working I have also noticed a few people I now have this problem and it can be due to a poor connection not necessarily a blown bulb.. Push all Of the connections in to the corresponding sockets.
    And try the lights again before you start trying to switch the ballast over...
    I have also noticed sometimes if you switch off then back on a couple times they will also still work... Again u think poor connection which can be fixed by pushing the fitting into the socket properly..
    That's just my two cents... So give it a try and let me know how you go...

Sorry for any spelling mistakes I am using my iPhone... And Cbf to go back and fix...
    Last edited by DCZ 18C; 24-05-2011 at 01:37 AM.
    THERES NO CAR LIKE A TYPE R

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport
    thanks~
    i will check all these

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sedan
    If you understand HID's then you'll realise it because the light has to heat up inside.

stance > fenders

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    i think you have a bad connection somewhere - double check.

did you have to bend the two pins apart slightly? you have to bend then really push that shit in.

the burst is normal dw.

and congrats on getting it,
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    i think you have a bad connection somewhere - double check.

did you have to bend the two pins apart slightly? you have to bend then really push that shit in.

the burst is normal dw.

and congrats on getting it,
    Yes, when i installed the kit, i did bend the plug slight apart in order to plug that shit into the socket.
    i am going to check the connection during the weekend, as i dont have much time after work everyday.
    and thanks for your help, yes, i got my kit installed 3 months ago.
    finally...

Member Array
    Car:
    FDrive
    check your fuses for you low beams.. could be blown

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport
    Thanks everyone,
    Yeah, you are right,
    and in fact, i have solved it last week.
    but i had a vy vy funny and bad times...
    First, i jacked up left hand side of the car (coz it's the left headlight not working), after that, i realized that i planned to test the left headlight with the right headlight bulb to check if the left one is blown. Then i jacked down the car, and went to jack up the right hand side....and did all the shxt to get into the headlight and pulled the bulb out. Then, i jacked down the car, and went jacking up the left again, then changed the left bulb with the right one. However, it DID NOT work.....at that time, i felt like, "OMG, would that be the ballast problem?" "if so, i would have to take the whole kit off and send it back to the manufacturer..."
    Then i started to un-install the whole kit, starting from the left, after un-installing the left kit, i felt like i would have to install the OEM bulb back to the headlight, then i got it installed in the left headlight, and tested it.......but it did NOT work....i was frustrating at that time, thinking what the fxxk was going on.....
    meanwhile, i suddenly came up an idea, which is, "would that be a blown bulb?"
    then i went and checked the fuse.....OMG....it was actually a blown fuse....=='
    and looking back to the 'un-installed' kit, i felt so funny, i spent an hour to do sth that should only take 2 mins work in order to solve the problem.....sigh~
    well, if i wasnt using a HID kit, and if the headlight was not working, i would definitely check the fuse....but just because i am using a HID kit, then when the headlight was not working, the first idea that came up to my mind was like whether the bulb is blown or not (as people said it is very common for the HID bulb to be blown...)
    i had made a simple matter into complexity...
    i had a great lesson from this....=='

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Cool story bro.

At least you're learning
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC