Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: swwwaay bar!

Member Array
    Car:
    integbrah!

swwwaay bar!

hey i wanna upgrade my dc2 rear sway bar to a 24mm + subframe one i've searched around and found some on ebay with the combo from america 24mm sway bar+OBX subframe.. ok so my question is has anyone used OBX before? is it a decent, reliable and trust worthy brand i'm just checking out OBX's website now, so if anyone's used OBX let me know!

btw here's it is on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/OBX-24MM-SWAY...item2a102f0812

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Researched a lot of this brand, barley hear anything good from it.

Would also like some reviews
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

why dont u just go asr ? easy to get and quality is there !

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    obx = knock off of ASR, as far as quality goes, its very questionable, but if all the bolt holes line up, an everything fits, than u b saving urself half the money! at the end of the day, its just a block of metal milled out

And also they would use cheaper bolts, so should u get it, definite swap out for Much higher tensile strength, ive heard of OBX sending out half arse bolts they dont even stand up to the forces!
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    obx = knock off of ASR, as far as quality goes, its very questionable, but if all the bolt holes line up, an everything fits, than u b saving urself half the money! at the end of the day, its just a block of metal milled out

And also they would use cheaper bolts, so should u get it, definite swap out for Much higher tensile strength, ive heard of OBX sending out half arse bolts they dont even stand up to the forces!
    Silly way to look at things.

Buy ASR, tried and proven.
    Problem?

FFamily

Id give it ago if I was building a budget street car. Also have a look at black works. They have heaps on ebay too.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxer View Post
    Silly way to look at things.

Buy ASR, tried and proven.
    Hows it silly? Both are simply blocks of metal machined out, OBX essentially copies the exact design, so it wont fault under load at all given that design they copy uses the same amount of parts, and is mounted the same as ASR, the materials used are similar! I dont see how it can be bad.

Unless u have actually used a OBX gear, dont judge things till u tried it urself
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Arent all swaybars just modified stock/OEM design anyway? Just thickened etc? so what's the point of payin double for a piece of beat up metal?

Obx is just a generic name anyway, for example, the OBX header for accord euro is sold in Australia as Xforce, except Aussie retailers charge 3 times as much.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Hows it silly? Both are simply blocks of metal machined out, OBX essentially copies the exact design, so it wont fault under load at all given that design they copy uses the same amount of parts, and is mounted the same as ASR, the materials used are similar! I dont see how it can be bad.

Unless u have actually used a OBX gear, dont judge things till u tried it urself
    While I agree that the piece is probably fine, the materials used will absolutely not be the same. Metal is not metal.
    I have signatures turned off

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by string View Post
    While I agree that the piece is probably fine, the materials used will absolutely not be the same. Metal is not metal.
    Yes i agree with that statement, metals aint metals, but for something so simple as a mounting plate, which is quite thick, id say any metals similar to what ASR uses, the actual unit, OBX will still be fine at the end of the day, so long as they keep the design exactly like ASR, a different and cheaper material may prove to work just as effective as what ASR did

Unless there are hard evidence to prove that the OBX is of bad design, which can fault under load, given the materials also noted, than i will eat my own words
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    92 B18 eg Civic
    I'm agreeing with mugen_ctr here. I seriously doubt obx use a metal that is not up to the task. Worst case scenario it might be a bit heavier. Unless asr are using titanium or similar I wouldn't be using metal quality as a factor when making my decision

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1 mother****er

its silly because different manufactoring techniques give different mechanical properties to the metal, it could be treated or made in a way that while more expensive to manufacture, gives a much higher quality product, and thats not getting into the quality of the material itself, eg, steel, you have different carbon ratings which change the stress/strain ratio.

the actual sway bar could be incredibly stiff, could be brittle, could be not stiff at all depending on how its bent, weather it was heated to bend, weather the whole thing was heat treated, and weather it was quenched, and the subframe brace could be made any number of ways.

by all means try the obx sway, just be cautious and dont 'assume' it'll work as well as asr.

personally im not going to get a sway unless its oem, asr, or whiteline (unless anyone else knows some budget brands)
    THAT SHIT WAS BANANAS