Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R, FN2, CL9 LUX

No Sound. Amp not working?

Hey guys,

Before I start, I got 1xmono, 1x4 channel amp all connected to an Alpine deck in a CL9.

I noticed today there was no music/sound coming from my speakers anymore.

HU is working fine as I can control everything.

I looked at both my amp and noticed the power light are both out. What could be the cause of this and is the AMP the problem here?

Any ideas what could be stopping the power from reaching the amp? Car fuse? Amp fuse? Power line?

Want to have a look at it myself before deciding to take it in somewhere.

Everything was working perfectly the night before, and have not noticed anything wrong. Lost...?

Thanks.

check your earth wire, sometimes it gets loose if not secured properly

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK/EP3R
    your fuse might have blown, maybe earth wire hit a positive which shorted the amp and blew the fuse, check the side of the amp and see the condition of it, before you put a new fuse in if its blown check your earthing nd see if its secure and away from positive charges, otherwise it may be something to do with the battery or the amp itself, if you cant figure it out then maybe take it to strathfield car radios or your local car audio palce

Member Array
    Car:
    seebik
    check amp fuse and the fuse on the Positive line near the battery(if you installed one)..definitely not a car fuse

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R, FN2, CL9 LUX
    thanks guys, will check and report back.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lawn mower
    check for loose remote wire from the head unit
    if you got the speakers hooked up to the amp
    happened to me too lol hope that helps
    JDM

Member Array
    Car:
    '01 WRX
    as above, also check your RCA's on the deck and amps, i only say this cos mine snapped haha
    OVERRATED TO BE UNDERRATED

LOLNOPE!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R, FN2, CL9 LUX
    it wasnt the remote control wire nor any of the above. it turned out to be the amp fuse, it was lose... -_-

thanks for replies guys.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK/EP3R
    had a feeling it would be the amp fuse :P glad you figured it out.

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    too easy.

tho it begs the question of WHY it blew in the first place, as obviously something else was 'wrong' beforehand..
    /////ALPINE - )))morel - dYnaudio - \\Image Dynamics// - audison - optima - co|\|ection audison - stinger - Dynamat

yo fellas, i'm just new at the sound stuff but getting my way around some things.
    i had an amp running my 6x9s.. then i installed my sub (seperate amp) using the same remote cable from the headunit. but now my 6x9s aren't working. any ideas? i checked the wires, rca, fuse.. nothing!
    help? sucks without noise in the back!

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    need more details.. specifically the hu (how many preouts), rcas (how many channels)

when you say 'using the same remote cable from the headunit', how EXACTLY is it run? for example, headunit straight to sub amp, OR headunit to sub/6x9 amp with another wire 'piggybacking/daisy-chained' to the other amp. or did you splice it somewhere along the wire?

is the 6x9 amp receiving power (lights up, fans turn on, etc)? are you sure you've got the rca's in the right outputs from the hu to the right inputs at the amps? you sure your fuses are fine(sometimes theyre gone when they dont look it)? if yes, yes & yes then -assuming the amp hasnt gone faulty- its something between the amp & speaker (which will be an easy speaker connection checkover)

would be so much easier if i could diagnose it in person, save me from asking too many questions.. take it into a professional if you cant solve it.
    /////ALPINE - )))morel - dYnaudio - \\Image Dynamics// - audison - optima - co|\|ection audison - stinger - Dynamat