Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy7 View Post
    I really like it atm. I will def go test drive. I live in Bris and the only ones I can find that are decent are dealers. I dont want to wait around cause i need a car asap too for work and uni. Tell me what is good I/H/E brand specific: e.g hks exhaust featured hi-power or gruppe m intake. not just the brands but the parts aswell and what should i look out for when trying to find the ep3r? I heard a lot of people found their ep3rs without rear speakers cause some idiots think it will reduce weight and increase track times. i mean hell it would but by what? 0.1 sec?
    Not trying to be harsh but as Phil said, stereo is a luxury which was not delivered by factory. Why would you think its an idiot that came up with that idea? all little things reduce weight and adds to the final weight of the vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Nah I wouldn't touch the hks well thats just me, I was very picky when it came to choosing an exhaust. the js racing one and toda look alike but they were just too loud for my likings. then there was the fujitsubo and mugen twinloop both were quiet exhausts, bought the rm because jdmyard was doing a sale last year. if you like some noise on crossover and a quiet tone best to go with mugen or fujitsubo.
    I had lots of exhausts, 2.5 custom, RMO1A and TODA. All did the job in terms of improvement from stock. For a daily streeter with minimal or no mods I think the mid pipe is actually ok, change headers/cat and muffler and you'll free up most of the restrictions. RMO1A is not a quiet exhaust by any means, stick with OEM or Mugen if you want minimal sound. J's and Toda is my pick.

Intake, function = CAI, function and looks = GruppeM/J's and even Mugen.

Good luck in deciding

Member Array
    Car:
    Vonda R
    its quiet compared to steve's exhaust
    SPAM|WERKS
    got you covered with a johnoroll

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    its quiet compared to steve's exhaust
    anything is quiet compared to steve's exhaust! =)
    +rep me if you like my posts! =)
    EP3 --> 4G63 --> DC5s

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1, AP1
    in my opinion if you are thrifty with low disposable income (like most uni students are even if they work there arses off in part time jobs like me). id recommend you get injen + catback exhaust. and thats about it. I dont think upgrading headers is really necessary because of the jdm ep3 already having an efficient header with its 4-2-1 design. And get a kpro later if you want a very noticeable bump in power. because to be honest installing the i\h\e didn't really notice a huge bump in power but as with kpro\k100 you will definitely feel it. Even a exedy heavy duty clutch is money well spent compared to headers and gruppe m. But each to their own and im just trying to help.

and i have a rm01a on my ep3 and its an excellent exhaust. its quiet at low revs but pretty loud when you gun it. Injen intake is a lot louder compared to stock too when you gun it otherwise normal driving itll sound the same as stock.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Headers will reach it's limits once you go beyond kpro. So it is a necessity IMO if you are to go to kpro. Why skimp if you are gonna pour a good 2k into ecu and tune? If you have low disposable income and want to mod, I suggest you get a Hyundai Getz and sticker tune, still get a H badge

I have a Feel's cat back, 3" CAI flex pipe running from the grille into the OEM airbox, airbox has a 3A Racing pod inside + I have removed and blocked off the resonator chambers within the airbox. I've been told the Feel's exhaust is a bit louder than the rm01a. Its not overly loud though. I pretty happy with the power for now. I have KiddRacing headers lined up once I get bored of the power...

Quote Originally Posted by Nepolian View Post
    Not trying to be harsh but as Phil said, stereo is a luxury which was not delivered by factory. Why would you think its an idiot that came up with that idea? all little things reduce weight and adds to the final weight of the vehicle.

In another post the main EP3R post a lot of owners said some had speakers from factory but others didn't. They were debating whether it was manufacture installed or aftermarket and they concluded it was manufacture installed but ones without were taken out by previous owners to reduce weight.

I had lots of exhausts, 2.5 custom, RMO1A and TODA. All did the job in terms of improvement from stock. For a daily streeter with minimal or no mods I think the mid pipe is actually ok, change headers/cat and muffler and you'll free up most of the restrictions. RMO1A is not a quiet exhaust by any means, stick with OEM or Mugen if you want minimal sound. J's and Toda is my pick.

Intake, function = CAI, function and looks = GruppeM/J's and even Mugen.

Good luck in deciding
    Looks like rm01a is a favourite, everyone seems to prefer it. I would like a little noise to be honest but not too much to attract cops.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy7 View Post
    Looks like rm01a is a favourite, everyone seems to prefer it. I would like a little noise to be honest but not too much to attract cops.
    any exhaust is fine as long as it falls within the limits of the law and whether or not you like it. Cop attraction mainly depends on whether you're a responsible driver or a hoon that vtecs around everywhere to try to look "cool".

i'm currently running the apexi sri, buddyclub exhaust manifold, custom 2.5' piping and magnaflow catback.
    magnaflow is pretty loud and drones in cold start, but once its warm and you hit the right amount of revs, it's quiet and quite a nice sound. i Hated it at first, but now i love it.
    Last edited by flubbar; 27-05-2011 at 04:42 PM.
    +rep me if you like my posts! =)
    EP3 --> 4G63 --> DC5s

Quote Originally Posted by flubbar View Post
    any exhaust is fine as long as it falls within the limits of the law and whether or not you like it. Cop attraction mainly depends on whether you're a responsible driver or a hoon that vtecs around everywhere to try to look "cool".

i'm currently running the apexi sri, buddyclub exhaust manifold, custom 2.5' piping and magnaflow catback.
    magnaflow is pretty loud and drones in cold start, but once its warm and you hit the right amount of revs, it's quiet and quite a nice sound. i Hated it at first, but now i love it.
    LOL nah im not like that. I will look more into the HKS and the rm01a later on and do my research before i buy anything. Would it be cheaper to private import or buy locally/source through an authorized person

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Stock twin pipe muffler FTW! Hey guys is there any aftermarket twin pipe muffler around?

Member Array
    Car:
    Vonda R
    ^varex?
    SPAM|WERKS
    got you covered with a johnoroll

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 JDM EP3
    The Fujitsubo Legalis-R has twin tips.