Thread: A/C compressor

A/C compressor

I have an A/c Compressor, its been sitting around for a few years now and I would lie to re-install it back onto the car.

The pulley spins freely as usual but to turn the actual compressor there is a little bit of resistance. Is this normal, does the internal of the compressor cause this resistance?

Or is it not normal? dirt, grease & grime have made it harder to spin freely.

Should I get it reconditioned/cleaned out anyway?

I've never dealt with compressors before so bare with me, I know its hard to diagnose over the net, any information is appreciated.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Inside it, the seals would be a bit dry. I'd prob take it too an auto air place and get them to bench test it.

Sent from my custard cannon like Peter North.
    to see all of my build, checkout

What happens if I get degreaser into the compressor via the inlet/outlet holes? Can I just clear it out with compressed air?

Ohh and any information regarding the condenser & cylindrical canister? Just spray air too to clean?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    the cylindrical canister is the receiver dryer which removes moisture and acts like a filter within the system. Its typically replaced when your AC is regassed, they are about $60 from memory. If the system hasn't been installed for years I would recommend replacing it

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    take it to shop get then to bench test it with air con gas. only thing that lubricates the internals of the compressor

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900