Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    lude'/euro/fn2r

Wink [CL9] weapon r header

I have read on a few forums that this is a really good header performance wise but since it comes with a test pipe when you install it, you will have no cat which creates a bad smell.
    But I'm just wondering, if you buy a high flow cat and take it to a exhaust shop to get it welded to the header, will it get rid of the bad smell that everyone complains about? your opinions would be a big help which I am considering on buying these headers but want a few pointers before I do. Thanks for your time!

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by y.vtech View Post
    I have read on a few forums that this is a really good header performance wise but since it comes with a test pipe when you install it, you will have no cat which creates a bad smell.
    But I'm just wondering, if you buy a high flow cat and take it to a exhaust shop to get it welded to the header, will it get rid of the bad smell that everyone complains about? your opinions would be a big help which I am considering on buying these headers but want a few pointers before I do. Thanks for your time!
    It's definately do-able. I was thinking about the same setup before I run outta cash.

Test pipe illegal on the road, something like a $10000 fine, soo what you do:
    * Get the Weapon R header with the Test Pipe
    * Take the test pipe to an exhaust shop,
    * Get a high flow cat (metal cat, 200 cel + in my opinion, or it's too loud).
    * Have the shop cut a section of the test pipe
    * Replace that section with the CAT

However, before you commit on the Weapon-R, have a look at this from the US forum, this dude had a Weapon R and replaced it with a PLM Tri Y style (HYTECH style), I remember PLM being cheaper, however it'll involve more welding and cutting to fit the CAT and match up to your existing exhaust.
    http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-ge...er-review.html

Either way, weapon-r or PLM, you are looking at some serious gains.

*EDIT*
    PS: From what I've heard if you hookup WP-R header with CAT on existing exhaust i'll sound as quiet as stock. WP-R has a 2.5 inch collector at the end if that helps in getting a catback.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 26-05-2011 at 11:41 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    RA109 / BGP001
    i doubt you would get pulled over let alone defected for exhaust driving a euro.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by MingZai View Post
    LOL so true ^
    depend on what area you are in and what other mods you have....
    If you have a loud Catback and SPOON stickers all over the car.... You're asking for it.

Besides, Cat converts carbon monoxide and nitrogen oxide into something less harmful, that rotten egg smell without cat isnt good for your health.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 29-05-2011 at 12:46 PM.
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    lude'/euro/fn2r
    so at the end of the day, the cat would get rid of the smell?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by y.vtech View Post
    so at the end of the day, the cat would get rid of the smell?
    yes, the smell is either carbon monoxide or the nitro oxide, and cat converts them

BTW heres a review of the W-R header, and it's got some interesting info on some of the installation problems you might face
    http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-ge...-w-review.html
    Last edited by Fredoops; 29-05-2011 at 01:15 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by hooyn View Post
    i doubt you would get pulled over let alone defected for exhaust driving a euro.
    Yeah because the cops think Euros are owned by old farts like me. And that the occasional 'child' driver is a son or daughter of the owner...lol
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    The cat will 100% get rid of the smell..

I have the weapon r headers with a 200cel cat welded in. Good gains all round. VTEC is awesome now.

Weapon r headers + shipping - $600
    welding + install - $250
    high flow cat - $200

Also, you will need a defouler (extended bit of metal ~$15) for the secondary o2 sensor that plugs in after the cat. Otherwise your car may throw an error code due to the extra air flow.

oh, and the primary o2 sensor is facing the wrong way, so when they cut a piece out of the test pipe to weld in the cat, get the front section of the test pipe (which connects to the headers) rotated 180deg.

Apart from all those things, its a really good header. well build, good gains and cheapish!

Feel free to ask any questions..
    Last edited by npcan2; 01-06-2011 at 02:21 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Weapon r and custom high flow cat is very good.

Npcan9 do you have a catback installed with that setup?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    lude'/euro/fn2r
    Would a ct header and high flow cat have similar gains?

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9, 11 323i
    npcan2 where did you get your parts for... so cheap as well?