Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Firewall Rubber Gromet + Seatbelts

Just got red-stickered for bullshit. Think the pigs took it over board to just red-sticker me like that. I guess I have a bad record and they just want to screw me over!

1. Rubber Gromet missing from engine firewall
    2. Seatbelts frayed or something....

- I'm wondering how much does it cost for Rubber Gromet for the engine firewall? And is it easy to put on yourself?

- Since they say my seatbelts are frayed, how much do these go for?

- So if I get the defects cleared at workshop, do they charge? I forgot, if they do or not and if so how much is it?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    What the fu?

What rubber grommet are you missing? Pics?

A grommet basically just blocks up a hole or acts like a seal against the edges of a hole to stop cables/tubing etc from fraying on the sharp edges. Depending on the grommet i guess, its as simple as just pushing the new one in and seating it in place.

I know it's pathetic what they find just to make my day worse.

The cop said the defect is this rubber grommet for a firewall hole.... It's too block out Carbon Monoxide bullshit from firewall to inside the car? - I dunno if his just talking bullshit or not.....

The other one is frayed seatbelt....

FTP!

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    exhaust gas comes out from the exhaust, not the engine bay.... so no dangerous gases in your bay

Quote Originally Posted by markismaximus View Post
    exhaust gas comes out from the exhaust, not the engine bay.... so no dangerous gases in your bay
    I guess the cop doesn't know what his talking about then. How I see it, it's just a hole in the firewall where all the cables or something can go through. But it doesn't have a rubber to block it. But I dunno why the cops saying it dangerous cause it doesn't block carbon monoxide? LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    If there was a leak dangerous gases can enter your cabin. It may be unlikely but replace that grommet. The seat belt is free to fix. Go see Honda. They have an lifetime warranty on all seat belts.

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    Quote Originally Posted by androo View Post
    If there was a leak dangerous gases can enter your cabin. It may be unlikely but replace that grommet. The seat belt is free to fix. Go see Honda. They have an lifetime warranty on all seat belts.
    thats the first i heard of that

is it your ac firewall hole that needs to be plugged up ? if it is you can buy from jdmyard on here
    rest of the grommets you can get from a honda wrecker
    seat belts can be bought around 100 a set
    best to look for a member wrecking the same car as they would sell less than wreckers

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    No point bagging the police. Just get it fixed an you'll have it sorted.
    Deano.

you can fix the seat belt yourself with a lgihter. Just like sealing the end of a rope. And it it was my car I would want to make sure all my engine bay holes are sealed up tight so thats something that should be done either way even if you werent busted for it.

Quote Originally Posted by vtecing View Post
    you can fix the seat belt yourself with a lgihter. Just like sealing the end of a rope.
    I went for a pink slip once and the guy told me about my frayed seat belts... as he handed me a lighter to fix it

Mysteriously, he was out of business when I needed a pink slip a year later.
    I have signatures turned off

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by vtecing View Post
    you can fix the seat belt yourself with a lgihter. Just like sealing the end of a rope. And it it was my car I would want to make sure all my engine bay holes are sealed up tight so thats something that should be done either way even if you werent busted for it.
    i'm sorry but that sounds like a stupid idea, and dangerous. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. If the belts are frayed they are getting worn, applying a flame to remove the "hairs" is a dangerous quick fix. Replace the belts