Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    爵士
    Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN
    guys its normal

CVT uses a planintry gear set to achive revers gear, so as soon as you select revers, Vzzzzzzzzzzzzz. there is nothing wrong with your trans, all civics, HRV and Jazz with CVT do this. its by design
    ECU-MAN is quite right..

Took the car in for a service this morning and made a complaint about the reverse gear noise. The tech was very helpful. We went for a test drive with me and the noise was there when in Reverse Gear. So, he suspected it is the characteristic of the Jazz reverse gear.. He took another demo MY05 VTi CVT out from the back of the workshop and we went out for a test drive again... Same noise... He is pretty sure that it is the characteristic of the Jazz.

I have a loan car from them which is MY04 Jazz VTi CVT. Also, make the same noise.

Well, that pretty much concludes my worries. Funny though my friend's 2003 Jazz didn't make such noise.. They must have changed something for the newer model?
    Last edited by ahcash; 10-02-2005 at 08:43 PM.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    they all have the same design since 1996 as far as I know.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04' Jazz VTi Classical
    not really, quality depends on the year of built. like CPUs, the longer time they have been making one SAME thing, they quality improve~
    the Jazz CVT (1.3L model) got a quite bad quality in those 02,03 model. start to get problems in different aspects like making strange sound and has to be replaced completely or exchange some core parts
    04 model sounds fine but seems 05 they have new stuffs and new stuffs always contribute to problems~
    I am preparing to change to gear box oil and filter after next 5k km service...

Quote Originally Posted by ahcash
    Really... I thought the 05 and 04 are the same mechanically?? Don't know.. probably need a tranny flush to get rid of some excess inside.. hahaha..

do u know how many litre gear box oil we need? and do we need to change the "ring"?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 & CL9
    does any1 here not have a squeaky CVT reverse geaR?