Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DC2R Issues

Member Array
    Car:
    88' ED6

Unhappy DC2R Issues

sadasdasdas
    Last edited by brad; 16-06-2011 at 07:22 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Sorry to hear about that mate. Guess people tend to be picky when it comes to these cars cause alot of them are thrashed so theyre more careful. If you got no serious buyer, imo i would just keep the car if it runs well its an awesome car to drive But if your that keen on selling it, i would part out any mods you got on it and maybe lower the asking price abit.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    lots of stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    He paid for an independent vehicle inspection to be done on the car since he lives interstate. The result of the inspection? Disaster.

• Leaking Clutch Master Cylinder (Easily fixed, it was repaired six months ago and my mechanic will do it for free)
    • Cracked rear driver's side engine mount
    • Water pump will need replacing very soon
    • Low pressure power steering hose needs replacing
    • Missing roughly 1.4L of Oil (The car has NO major oil leaks, and after checking the plugs it isn't burning oil, VTEC is rarely used)
    • Compression test showed 220, 220, 220, 205 (what causes this?)

I'm a student. This is pretty much heart breaking. I haven't even driven the damn thing for nearly two months now because I am too scared of something breaking before I sell it, and now this?! Argh! I've also discovered that according the REVS the car is a repairable write-off. The only evidence of repairs is a tiny but of spray on putty/bog on the rear quarter panel. The car still drives fine, and I didn't suspect anything after nearly a year of ownership.
    Sorry to hear your car was a repairable writeoff.

On the plus side I really don't think your compression results are anything to complain about. 220 would be the envy of many people and the last cylinder at 205 is very much within tolerance and nothing to complain about.

Cracked engine mount is not uncommon. The first DC2R I ever test drve had a cracked mount and it only had 90,000KMs. How many K's is on yours? If the car hasn't had a major service in the last 5 years then the pump should be replaced anyway along with other things like timing belt etc.

Missing that much oil huh? Sorry to say that's partly your fault for not checking the oil levels regularly.

A power steering hose needs replacing? Big woop it's a hose.

Those inspections tend to be very anal and the "issues" other than the writeoff thing isn't major and if they seem like a big expense to you then you can't afford to own that car.

Member Array
    Car:
    88' ED6
    I know I can't afford the car, hence my reason for selling. Being a Uni student has it's up and downs. I don't understand how it's considered a writeoff, there's a tiny amount of bog in the rear quarter, like, only enough to suggest the car has been scraped or similar in a carpark. Even the inspection bloke commented that there was nothing wrong with it, and that the car drove perfectly. I'm torn between selling it, or just sucking it up and fixing it. I change my mind everyday.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    lots of stuff
    The problem is selling a car that's got a writeoff title is something most people aren't comfortable with. All the other little things aside unless you knock a fair bit off your asking price that buyer probably isn't going to buy it now that he knows it's been written off at some stage in its life.

You really need to know more about what happened to that car. Maybe it was stolen, joy ridden + light accident (bog) and someone blew the engine, stole the seats. In this case since repairs are quoted by insurance using new parts, it doesn't take much for the repair bill to exceed 2/3 the market value. It's still probably an ok car after the repair.

On the other hand if it's had a major accident and someone fixed it, it's a lot less desirable since potential buyers are worried about chassis integrity and quality of the repair etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    88' ED6
    Yeah that's it. Most people are turned off as soon as I start mentioning the current issues, which is understandable.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    oh wow, i was looking at that car when there wasnt any in sydney at the time loll it looked sooo clean

Member Array
    Car:
    88' ED6
    Quote Originally Posted by DTN View Post
    oh wow, i was looking at that car when there wasnt any in sydney at the time loll it looked sooo clean
    Haha. It is really clean. The car is in awesome condition. Except for the problems I've listed above. I'm seriously considering just keeping it.. I don't know! I saw another CW DC2R getting around Adelaide last night, and it just made me want to fix the problems up and just keep it.

Member Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE R
    yer mate it is a cleean white ITR and no one will pay you what it is worth to you...

but i think you should give me your red recaros for my mint black ones.. hehe xD just an idea..
    THERES NO CAR LIKE A TYPE R

Member Array
    Car:
    88' ED6
    Yeah.. sadly. Haha I love the Red way too much.

can i have ur side skirT?