Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    $13k and u cant sell it ?????? i'd buy it if i didnt have one
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    You shouldn't have bought a car that was a repairable write-off, and you certainly shouldn't have taken out such a large loan while you're studying. You should have picked up an EG from a dealership, and waited until you were old enough.

Anyway, these things happen. As far as your ad goes, it's strange to be selling a car that is supposedly in such good condition without a RWC. That's probably turning a fair few buyers away. Maybe you need to be more upfront about its write-off and RW status.

Member Array
    Car:
    88' ED6
    The loan wasn't an issue at first, circumstances change. Shit happens. No such thing as a RWC here in South Australia. If you even read the thread you'd realise that I only discovered it's write-off status two days ago, as the VSR here in SA only notifies of financial history.

Which inspection company did you potential buyer use btw?
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    The loan wasn't an issue at first, circumstances change. Shit happens. No such thing as a RWC here in South Australia. If you even read the thread you'd realise that I only discovered it's write-off status two days ago, as the VSR here in SA only notifies of financial history.
    You don't take out a loan just because you're presently able to pay it off. You need to know that your circumstances WON'T change before you make a commitment like that. Or better yet, just pay cash. Anyway, as you say, shit happens.

I wasn't aware that there isn't any type of RWC system in place in SA. That explains that, then. I have indeed read every post in this thread, and I was suggesting that perhaps you would be wise to disclose its write-off status on your advertisement.

Why weren't you aware of it being a write-off before you purchased it? Surely there is some way to check this before buying?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    lots of stuff
    Like he said, the SA check didn't show interstate records since this car was written off in another state. Going by the condition he didn't think to check interstate.

That's all water under the bridge now, let's try and help him sell it or help him decide if that's what he wants to do.

I'd be trying to find out how and why it was written off. If I was a potential buyer I'd certainly consider a theft + restore R over a major accident R.

Is this car something you've always wanted or are you over it? If you're over it, fix the minor things, find out the history so buyers know you're being up front about it. If the car still means something to you just keep it or better yet, turn it into a track car and go racing like Type Rs were intended. Hell once I get back to Aus I want to buy another R and go racing with it.
    Last edited by michaelz; 03-06-2011 at 10:53 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    sorry to hear mate, one of the worst things to find out that it was a write off, all the other issues you said are nothing. i suggest keep it and turbo it lol, id rather let mine sit in my garage and rust for years then sell it for 13k. how much did you buy it for?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelz View Post
    Like he said, the SA check didn't show interstate records since this car was written off in another state. Going by the condition he didn't think to check interstate.

That's all water under the bridge now, let's try and help him sell it or help him decide if that's what he wants to do.

I'd be trying to find out how and why it was written off. If I was a potential buyer I'd certainly consider a theft + restore R over a major accident R.

Is this car something you've always wanted or are you over it? If you're over it, fix the minor things, find out the history so buyers know you're being up front about it. If the car still means something to you just keep it or better yet, turn it into a track car and go racing like Type Rs were intended. Hell once I get back to Aus I want to buy another R and go racing with it.
    The SA system definitely seems to let its drivers down, which is a shame. You can never be too careful, though.

It's sad when things like this happen, though. When you do get 'over it', you start to resent the car, rather than enjoy it. Hopefully it's just had the seats nicked at some point...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Soon to be DC2R
    I am shocked that the SA system doesnt include some sort of REVS check. One of the first things anyone should be doing when theyr looking at a car and its a shame sa doesnt allow for this avenue. Im looking at buying a type r also man, so hard to find a clean one, i seen your one for a while now man. If you really want it sold it ahs to go at a lower price. The other day i saw a mint one with similar kms go for 11k. The guy put it on in the morning and sold it by afternoon, i had wanted to see it that night. With your log history and condition 11k will be gettable but it honestly wont go for more then that. In saying that, if the chasis has never been bent and the car is straight aswell as the internals then the car should be great written off or not. The frame and the motor are intact, then the rest are minors. IMO id keep the car, you wont get what its worth selling and it looks like a great car. Good luck man