Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DC2R Issues

Banned Array
    Car:
    [|-|]
    that sucks about the repairable wright off..the body may have some putty n bog but the chassis might be bent somewhere which would classify it as a write off.

The potential buyer for the car.. what was his reaction after the report?? Does he still want to buy it? and at what price?

Member Array
    what pod intake is that? custom enclosure?
    naturally i finished my set.

Member Array
    Car:
    88' ED6
    Quote Originally Posted by egb16b View Post
    that sucks about the repairable wright off..the body may have some putty n bog but the chassis might be bent somewhere which would classify it as a write off.

The potential buyer for the car.. what was his reaction after the report?? Does he still want to buy it? and at what price?
    The chassis is dead straight, the only evidence of repairs is that tiny amount of spray on putty and bog in the rear quarter. I never suspected a thing, and even my mechanic missed it. He backed out after seeing the report, which is fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by anzai View Post
    what pod intake is that? custom enclosure?
    Not sure, I've never seen one like it before, it's a plastic cover, with a carbonfibre print on it. I was skeptical at first as to whether it would actually do anything, but it keeps the actual filter itself quite cool.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    F*ck your car looks mint. Too bad I'm not in SA otherwise I'd help you fix it, it'd be sad if you got rid of it

Those problems would be worth fixing for such a nice car man. IMO.

Trust me 90's cars can just be fkn sh*ts when it comes to problems at times, my VTi-R is going through the worst period of problems, but all I can do is keep my chin up until I fix everything and the problems come to a halt.

another way to look at it is a part that is broken is just an opportunity to upgrade! Engine mount cracked = time for some innovative 60a's!

no matter how you look at it cars are expensive though, and I feel your pain man. money doesn't come easy.

good luck bro!
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    This is exactly the same car i was about to buy !.

I had a relative in SA look at it and gave it the thumbs up ~! Though lucky for me i did the SA revs check and yes, came up with repairable write off.
    The seller even denied it being a writeoff, but that didnt help.

Car does look immaculate and in very good form, a repairable write off doesnt mean the car is damaged, its been repaired to factory standards might i add.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    btw what cluster is that, havent seen one with " integra type R " written on it?

Member Array
    Car:
    88' ED6
    Quote Originally Posted by DC2ahh View Post
    This is exactly the same car i was about to buy !.

I had a relative in SA look at it and gave it the thumbs up ~! Though lucky for me i did the SA revs check and yes, came up with repairable write off.
    The seller even denied it being a writeoff, but that didnt help.

Car does look immaculate and in very good form, a repairable write off doesnt mean the car is damaged, its been repaired to factory standards might i add.
    I was too naive, I didn't realise that the VSR in SA didn't notify of any accident history, only financial.

btw what cluster is that, havent seen one with " integra type R " written on it?
    I'm not sure, I've never seen it elsewhere either.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    likewise, never seen that cluster before. im guessing it may be one of the ''type r sport" limited editions?
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    Winfield
    could be just a sticker LOL

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    prob fake lulz jks op

I was looking at this DC2R a while ago...and i am pretty sure i have seen it around Semaphore.

Can you get details as to EXACTLY why it is a repairable write off? Most of the time you will find a few DC2Rs are down as a write off because the Recaro's were stolen.

I had a DC2R that only burnt oil in VTEC, but if you are saying you hardly hit VTEC and it is still losing some, id check PCV and if that isnt the case, going by your comp results (was it done hot or cold?) those figures look good, i wouldnt stress too much.

Didnt you do an oil level check on the ca regulary? Good luck with the sale, i know how much it sucks hanging onto a car you need to get rid of.
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4, DC2R, EE3
    those skirts and pods are looking shmack
    MY EK4 CHET ROI
    BUT MY DC2R CAME
    ARRIVE ALIVE