Member Array
    Car:
    R34 GTT

Del sol warning lights

Hey guys i have a 1992 DEL SOL SIR jappy.. and tonight 2 warning lights came on, the battery light, and the one to the right of it which looks like a cat converter with steam coming off it.. not long after my cars electrics slowly begun too die (e.g wpers slowed down, lights dimmed, windows lagged) i think my alternators gone but i just want to see if you guys have any ideas whats wrong.

I also charged the batery and it did nothing..
    thanks in advance guys!
    106.3 Kw Atw
    Boostech Performance

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    start the car and put a voltmeter on the battery, if the alternator is charging then it should read around 14.5v.
    OEM parts whore

You need a new alternator.
    Signs of it dying are the dimming of lights and flickering gauges, battery light coming on.
    The battery light on the dash monitors the output voltage from the alternator. do you see the battery light flickering sometimes?
    Try turning the headlights on and then turning wipers on (using more power) does the batt light come on? turning the wipers and lights off you might see the battery light go off? the more electrics you use, the more the light should come on if your alternator is dying

you can check the belt on the alternator as well, is it loose? might even have fallen off.
    was there a smell of hot wires or rubber? or growling noise from the hood?

car have problems starting? ticking noise when trying to start it up?
    i wont rule out loose wires or cables from the alternator
    but im pretty certain ure alternator is on its way out.
    off to the wreckers yo!