Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG8 B16A2

Will 17x7.5 ET45 wheels fit on eg8 civic?

So, as the title states, will 17 by 7.5 rims with 45mm offset fit on an eg8 (92-95 sedan)?

I'm looking at buying some Rota Grids (Te37 copies), but down in tassie nobody stocks them, so ill be buying them online, just want to know if anybody has had any issues with wheels this wide on a civic.

Note: I am currently running stock suspension, but will be upgrading to coilovers in the not to distant future.

Cheers guys, any help would be great

You will need to roll/lip your fenders to run those, I had 17x7 +43mm wheels on before, and my fenders were rolled/lipped when I bought the car. The rear scrubs on the inside of the wheel arches when there are people sitting in the back (sedan as well) if you are going to lower the car due to natural camber induced.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG8 B16A2
    ok, thanks for all that

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Your better off running 15x7's or 16x7's. You could also try going 8" wide in the same size.

17's look too big and the ride quality would be quite uncomfortable IMO.

Member Array
    Car:
    ah huhhh
    it will look like those impalas the yanks do up over there

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG8 B16A2
    oh ok, i was just looking at 17s coz most big brake conversions "require" 17 inch wheels....

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    you should be able to run desent brakes with 16" wheels - i would do a bit more research if i were you
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ED Vtec
    if you plan to do a big brake upgrade that requires 17" rims, you must have a hell of a lot of power. just a simple twin piston all round setup is enough for upto 400hp. iirc

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    spoon monoblock 4-pot's can fit in a 15in rim (as they still use the 242mm rotor) otherwise willwood have bigbrake kits that fit in a 15in or 16in
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    back in the days (2003) my brother had 18'x7.5 (lol) on his eg8 +40 or 45 something along the line....only scrubed it there was full car...but roll the guards incase.

btw..17s tyres are more expensive...

good luck

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG8 B16A2
    probably going to go with 16s maybe 17s though. and the wilwood big brake kit. will be running either bc racing vs or skunk2 pro s, so i reckon those should be sufficiently stiff...