Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dc2r - wheels and lowering

Firstly I love my stock dc2r but lately I can't help but feel it could do with some more low and a bit more poke to the wheels. But at the same time I am very happy with stock suspension (and wouldn't want to go any firmer) plus I like the design and weight of the oem wheels...

Any ideas? Can I use spacers on the stock wheels to push them out? I could lower it on some springs but would want some with a similar springrate to stock...and I'm not sure what affect lowering it will have on things like camber and hence handling.

Member Array
    you will hear guys telling u stock dc2r suspension is the best for handling... yada yada yada, you can get spacers but get hubcentric spacers (someone post the spacers thread)

but if u want to lower it, i reckon get something with 10kg front / 6kg rear, or 12kg/6kg, to keep the car planted on the ground and not bounce around to much. it will be much stiffer than stock, but with the right dampening setting it should be nice and firm.

Dc2r stock spring rate

the more you lower the car the more negative camber that naturally shows up, technically the more negative camber the better handling, but then if the car is too low, handling might not necessarily be improved as the centre of gravity is too low that its way off the manufacturer's specification. so gotta find the balance.

also your tires tread will go unevenly when its got too much camber.

also when ur car is too low u wont be able to go anywhere lol....

low = $$. first hand experience with dc2r
    naturally i finished my set.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    ^^^ I wouldn't say 'more negative camber the better'. You'd get to a point where you'd be loosing the full contact patch around a corner.

To OP. Stock springs are softest. Any aftermarket spring or coilover will be harder.
    Last edited by DLO01; 02-06-2011 at 12:47 PM.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    I wouldn't mess with a Type R's ride, as it has such a nice balance from stock. Plus, as you say, the stock wheels look good, so I'd basically leave it as is. Good luck, anyway.

Cheers everyone.

Can someone post the proper spacers thread for me? I've done a bit of research and it seems their is a bit of conjecture about their safety let alone how far you can space ..I wish I could recreate my wheels in 15x7 +30 or something

Yeah tbh I think stiffer springs will make my car slower on the majority of roads in Brisbane. So I'd like to limit the increase in spring rate over stock as much as possible. Apparently Spoon progressive springs are 6.5/5.5kg (at least initially) and will drop the car ~20mm

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    i have a set of spoon shocks and springs for sale at the moment and the specs are up in my forsale thread below
    they drop 30mm

if you want the same looking wheel you need to get the jdm 16" itr wheels
    they suit the car alot more than the small 15's

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    or ROTA R SPEC. 16x7 +something

ground controls + Koni yellows
    EG

You can't go lower without going stiffer to compensate for the lost suspension bump travel.

10/6 or 12/6 is going to be a downgrade from the stock balance... unless of course you like understeer.
    Last edited by string; 03-06-2011 at 12:44 AM.
    I have signatures turned off

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Stock dc2r height looks lyk a bus. I got coilovers and im loving it. Way better handling then stock. Best mod eva
    snapping 2nd..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    lots of stuff
    Get JDM 16" wheels. Good offset and perfectly sized.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    I wouldn't mess with a Type R's ride, as it has such a nice balance from stock. Plus, as you say, the stock wheels look good, so I'd basically leave it as is. Good luck, anyway.
    This, I want more low for the R but I'm more than happy with the stock handling. 1 low car is enough for me, R I'm keeping stock.

coilovers. DO IT
    Last edited by MWAKU; 03-06-2011 at 10:08 PM.
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i