Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Did you pull out the plugs and check it's condition? Sitting in a pool of oil?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    I checked the plugs the other day and they were white, but the electrode looked OK.

And no dc2pwr im not saying its the spark plugs. But i bought new plugs (yet to be put in with the new oem leads)
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Generally when a car cranks for a while it must be spark plug related?
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Or dizzy related
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Yeh true. I took it to the auto elec last week but it wouldnt splutter when i was there. He said bring it bak wen it happens more often. Looks like ill take it to him on monday. Thanks guys

Oh and glocker, no the plug wasnt sitting in a pool of water
    snapping 2nd..

If it's water your engine is land rover tough, haha. Has it gone away? You put the new leads in?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Lol sorry i just relised i said water instead of oil. No to oil aswell lol. Nah i havnt put them in yet. Because a mate had a problem and he changed the plugs and leads. Then it was still happening, so then he changed the coil packs (. Sangyongg musso 4wd) and the problem was still there! So he bought new plugs again... And it solved the issue.

So i dont want to kill my new plugs with a rooted dizzy ( of the dizzy is rooted that is) going bak to the auto elec monday
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    Try cleaning your injectors. i had the same problem as yours.
    it will rev normally from 1k and then spluttering between 2-3k rpm then rev normally to redline.
    uninstalled my injectors and got it cleaned in a machine at the local parts store.
    they would test the injectors 1st, then clean, then test again.- mine had uneven flow rate, after cleaning, all even flow rate.
    installed my newly cleaned injectors and the car idled nicer and rev very smoothy to redline... no hiccups/spluttering at all.

cheers mate. hope this helps

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    thanks for the suggestion nugget

i asked the auto elec he said it wouldnt be the injectors since it only happens when its warm. it would happen all the time and all thru the rev range.
    but ill get him to clean them flow tested first, he does efi work aswell
    snapping 2nd..

I had the exact problem,car hard to start, spluttering at low rpms 2-3k. It was the dizzy rotor that gave on mine. Have you checked your dizzy yet? COs everyone says its the dizzy as well.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    Wen u put fresh new plugs in...
    They tend to give and have a much stronger spark...hence ur car wont splutter n missfire...
    I had same issue with a mates car...who wouldnt listen to me bout getting a dizzy...and wen it died completely he was stuck in d middle of da night in da middle of nowhere...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    thanks IVAQ8 and lerlo.

just booked it in at kingsbury Auto elec and efi for tomoz morning.

he said its the dizzy and he will change the o2 sensor aswell since im running rich (13L per 100km) and 11.0 when babied
    snapping 2nd..