Banned Array
    Car:
    DN-01

JUSTJAP Recaros on DC2

Yo, for my birthday, all my friends at school put in some money for a combined present (Girlfriends idea) - they came up with the idea of some justjap recaros. I currently have them sitting in my room and I need them fitted. JustJap says that they come with universal rails however they won't bolt onto any car.. I drive a DC2 Integra btw.

How do I get them on my car? Some people said I should purchase SR3 Dc2r Recaro rails.. others say take them to an engineering place to get rails engineered and installed..

Help please, haha - thanks.

(Yeah, I know they're imitation Recaro seats, so no need to tell me )

Member Array
    Car:
    jspec civic 1992
    the best way is to get them engineered and installed. ADR approved? if u dont have the money you can install them your self. I had the same seats awhile ago on my eg sedan and i used my standard rails with some made up plates and i had no problems with them at all.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    are u sure there even the correct rails? Jusjap have rails suited for the car an seat, should be ek/EK rails
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Most of the rails that come with universal rails are just that, simple rails with sliders that need to be properly fitted to the car via cutting and welding new tabs.

I doubt that buying 400-600 dollar seat will give you car specific rails, considering that the cost of these seats are the price of Recaro/Bride rails1

Ask around and brorrow and try a Recaro DC2 rail, I would guess the rep seats come with same/similar base. Someone at OH would want to help out I'm sure!

Banned Array
    Car:
    DN-01
    Yeah.. from what I've read is that the seats are ADR approved, to make these rails fit my current DC2 ones, I'll have to take them to a workshop to get them to fabricate something so they're put on correctly, and engineered so I don't get defected for the rails. Or I've also heard from someone (Might have been dreaming) that if you get DC2R Recaro rails from the ITRs they will bolt on properly, I have no idea so thats why I asked you guys, the pros!

Member Array
    Car:
    eg5
    Hey mate if you are able to remove the universal rails, have a look under the seat, and take a photo post it up.

Recaro style seats should have the same specific bolt pattern.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by stiadouc View Post
    Yeah.. from what I've read is that the seats are ADR approved, to make these rails fit my current DC2 ones, I'll have to take them to a workshop to get them to fabricate something so they're put on correctly, and engineered so I don't get defected for the rails. Or I've also heard from someone (Might have been dreaming) that if you get DC2R Recaro rails from the ITRs they will bolt on properly, I have no idea so thats why I asked you guys, the pros!
    Yep, AFAIK, all recaros have same base (bottom mount anyway). So in theory, DC2R which had Recaro (obviously) should fit!

Banned Array
    Car:
    DN-01
    Quote Originally Posted by Nepolian View Post
    Yep, AFAIK, all recaros have same base (bottom mount anyway). So in theory, DC2R which had Recaro (obviously) should fit!
    Awesome, so buy DC2R Rails for the Recaros? (Just wanna make sure). The DC2R Rails bold into the floor of the car and then my replica seats onto them?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by stiadouc View Post
    Awesome, so buy DC2R Rails for the Recaros? (Just wanna make sure). The DC2R Rails bold into the floor of the car and then my replica seats onto them?
    I suppose you can confirm this with Just Jap themselves. Just ask if their seats have same bolt pattern as Recaros. But yes, DC2R rails will fit your seats the car, if the reps have same pattern.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Get rails specific to ur car. It's much less hassle than modding and welding. As long as the rails are made for ur car and the seat bolt holes fit the rails. As far as I know, you just bolt it all in and ur laughing. Plug and play so to speak.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1
    I'm sort of in the same situation as u are mate, so is it possible to get genuine rails for ur replica seat?
    JDM EK FTW!!

Justjap can supply you with the right rails. if the seats are ADR approved for use in ANY car then you will not need an engineers cert. I have ADR approved sparco's and only need an engineers cert because they are fixed backs in a 4 seater (the rear passangers can no longer get in)

Expect to pay anywhere between 100-250 ea for rails depending on how good they are, also look into a set of superlow rails if they work. much better driving position with these.
    Import Performance and Styling
    -= Official distributors for Password JDM =-