Help with D15z2 engine - EG civic

Hey,

New to this forum but I bought a 94 Civic EG the other day that is missing the engine as the old one seized up. the rego papers say that it had a D15Z2 and I read up that it is a 1.5L carby engine. thing is havent been able to find a replacement and everywhere i ring tell me to re build the old one but i dont have it.

Is there another engine that can easily replace it?
    Can anyone suggest where to find a D15z2?

Some how who ever took the engine out managed to take it out without removeing the gearbox so would much rather just finding a D15Z2 to replace it.

Cheers Simon

Member Array
    Car:
    eg5
    Pretty much the d13 and d15b/z 1.3 and 1.5 carby series motors etc which come in single carby and twin carby are compatible. Civic breeze and GL are all carby afaik.
    Try your luck posting a wanted to buy thread here, there should be heaps since everyone does engine conversions.

Where abouts is your location? There are hontoys and honbits in sydney west, try give them a ring.

yer i got a twin carby with it the car but its seized up and got told id have to convert it back to single carby which im not to keen on doing. i'm in newcastle so 2hrs from sydney so ill give them a call otherwise ill just sell it on.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    should try get some from forum, should be cheap for carby motors. $50-$100
    wreckers will want like $500 or something.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

yer ive been watchin out on the forum havent seen any as of yet. will the d13 fit in ok? to all the engine mounts etc line up? might be able to find one of them cheap. Wreckers in newcastle want $900 for a D15z2, no way going to spend that much, will just sell it and find somethin better