Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9

[CL9] Problem with interior dome light

Hi all, for some reason the automatic function on my interior dome light stopped working. If i manually turn on the light it works. Does anyone know what the problem might be? Thanks in advance.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    easy fix.

there is a button (with a black rubber casing) that is on the door jam. it might be jammed. so look for this on the door jam. push it in a couple of times n see if it fixes it
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    ^
    I'm not that great with cars but im assuming you mean this button?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/821/img1570b.jpg/

Whenever i push onto it, the door puddle lights would go off, it didn't fix my problem unfortunately

Thanks for the help though.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    check the other doors awell?
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    yeah i checked them all

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Luxury
    I've got the same problem. It's a sender unit. Honda told me it was $250ish to replace so I haven't bothered
    '05 Accord Euro Luxury- stock as a rock. *Stereo now installed!- too much to list but it's off it's head lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    damn, thats disappointing to hear. thanks for the help

Member Array
    Car:
    honda vfr800 98
    yeah unfortunately its an expensive fix as they reorder the whole thing to replace.

when mine stopped working i thought windscreens obrien had screwed it when they replaced my windscreen.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    this is probably the latest update ever but i was never really bothered with this problem until now.

i recently got Honda to check what was wrong with the interior dome light (auto function not working) and i believe they said there was a problem with the base comp (part # 34252S5A003ZH).

i got them to order that part in and get it switched up but the auto function still isn't working properly and they don't why.
    so yeah, basically honda doesn't even know what is wrong with it.

Just wondering if anyone has a solution to this problem or know any place i would be able to go to?

Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AITj5mKZJFA

Is it similar to this? I managed to fix mine by using a small flat head screw driver and bending some metal bit which didn't look like they were making contact but needed to be. Couldn't tell you exactly which one worked as I ended up bending/forcing quite a few metal parts around but this ended up solving my problem...

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    My problem is with the middle interior dome light. Basically when,

Switch is on off - Light is off
    Switch is in the middle (auto function) - There is a TINY bit a light coming through (never actually noticed this until now)
    Switch is on on - Light is on

Here are some pictures to show you what i mean. In case you're wondering, i've tried it with the stock bulb and same thing happens.
    Help much appreciated, thanks.

Last edited by jordiiisme; 13-05-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Luxury
    ahhh sorry different part to mine, i've got a luxury so we have the map lights that are auto on at the front and also lights in the rear. Honda quoted me a new sender unit for 220 installed. Problem fixed.
    '05 Accord Euro Luxury- stock as a rock. *Stereo now installed!- too much to list but it's off it's head lol