Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG B20
    No, not unsafe - just don't feel as effective - mediocre is a good description. After first few stops they're fine. IE take it easy first thing in the morning. These will be impossible to get fade on the road.

I haven't had any other pads of the same ilk to compare (only some Pagid hi po street pads that faded on track after 2 laps). Once you find something that fits the bill (a pretty big bill), you tend to stick with it.

Seeing as DBA are twice the cost of the RDA, whats the real difference, I will be upgrading my DC2R for the Honda day at Wakefield in October, but dont want new discs to find they only last a trackday, and would it be worth getting track pads (Ferodo or similar) for the day, and EBC green/red for daily driving?
    Every Day You Don't Practice, Is A Day You Get Worse
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG B20
    Not sure how hard Wakefield is on brakes (never had the pleasure...), but on track brakes always get hammered in a way that just can't happen on the road.

While I have never run RDA, they have a good rep. However I would only replace DC2R rotors if the OEMs are stuffed (need replacing anyway). OEM DC2R rotors are excellent (size, and material). Slotted RDAs or DBAs are an economical replacement - not an upgrade necessarily (DBA4000 series might be an upgrade though). The slots? Strictly not required when using modern track grade pads. They don't expel gases like older/lower grade pads.

Whether quality rotors last or not is really down to the pads used. Ferodo DS2500 I've used for a while work well both track and street. Yes, you can have daily and street pads if you want - but seems a hassle. DC2R brakes are so good to start with, decent pads (and fluid - RBF600) means you should be able to get brilliant brakes road and track with the right setup.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    thanks for your input mate^

Im going with RBF600 for brake fluid. How much will i need for a dc2r? i noticed its about 35 bucks for half a liter so im hoping i don't need too much lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post
    thanks for your input mate^

Im going with RBF600 for brake fluid. How much will i need for a dc2r? i noticed its about 35 bucks for half a liter so im hoping i don't need too much lol.
    I would get 2 bottles, 1L, to flush it out to make sure you get most of the old fluid out.

Member Array
    umad bro? give us update on dba4000 as im thinking to replace mine too

might get ferodo pads with it...
    naturally i finished my set.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by anzai View Post
    umad bro? give us update on dba4000 as im thinking to replace mine too

might get ferodo pads with it...
    mate i've only driven on the street with these pads and rotors so far and im already happy with them.

very strong bit even at high speeds.

would recommend.

daily driving only requires the smallest pressure applied to the brake pedal for them to bite.

yes there is a decent amount of brake dust and they do have a slight sqeel (though nothing annoying) but worth it for the feel you gain