Windscreen wiper jets/nozzles failing?

My left nozzle shoots no water, my right nozzle shoots water, but a pretty weak stream.

I added more water, but I barely had to put any before it got to the top.

Is something blocked? I'm out of warranty so any DIY solutions are welcome.

damn, didn't know what "search terms" to enter before but I found a bunch of old threads.

sorry mods

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 Luxury Auto
    I had exact same problem which was fixed while the car was in for that PS hose recall.

I don't thnk they are "failing". The guys at Hornsby Honda said a small leaf may have gone into the washer bottle thus blocked the nozzle...

Hope this helps mate.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Remove the windscreen jets, spray water into them backwards and also clear the tubes. The jets don't fail. They either get blocked or break when you try to stock a pin in the nozzle.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Remove the windscreen jets, spray water into them backwards and also clear the tubes. The jets don't fail. They either get blocked or break when you try to stock a pin in the nozzle.
    When spraying water, is it under pressure?
    Also when you say clear the tubes, are you talking about the reservoir tubes?

Thanks for the advice, going by the old threads I was about to use a pin.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by power_of_dreams View Post
    When spraying water, is it under pressure?
    Also when you say clear the tubes, are you talking about the reservoir tubes?

Thanks for the advice, going by the old threads I was about to use a pin.
    Many people broke their washer nozzle using a pin/screwdriver. I recommend just running the tap at high flow (your normal garden tap or the kitchen sink tap is fine. Make sure you put a strainer so that you don't lose the nozzle down the sink if you drop it. Of course, you will have to remove some plastic parts to get to the nozzle, which is another feat in itself. I don't have the instructions with me here at work at the moment.

Yes, spray water under reasonable pressure (like your kitchen sink tap at full blast into the nozzle. That should push back any sediment that has gone through. Then, you can run the windscreen spray on the car with the tubes into a container, so that it collects the water. Any gunk inside should be pushed out.

revisiting this thread.

The nozzles are blocked again. Ran some high pressure water which helped clear the nozzle, but it's more of a trickle as opposed to a spray. Have kept the nozzles in a cup of vinegar to see if that will help break down any lime build-up.

Any way it could be something in the actual washing fluid reservoir?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Have a look inside to see if it is green from algae. It shouldn't be green but you never know. A side benefit of windscreen washer concentrates is that it prevents stuff from growing in the reservoir, tubing and nozzles.

Can't see any green stuff.

Had the nozzles in vinegar for a couple of days, going to put them back on tommorow see if that makes a difference.