Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Lux

[CL9] floaty feel at high speed on coilovers

hey guys

ever since i got my coilovers installed and upgraded from 16's to 17's i've noticed my car seems to float at high speed like on the highway. the back end seems to move and sway alot. car is fine at 60K or less.
    I was wondering if i would have to adjust the damper of my coilovers at the back to make them stiffer to recitfy this issue? i got told i needed to 'back my suspension off'.
    what is a good setup? i.e slightly softer at the front and full stiff at the rear.
    please advise

cheers
    Mods: Pioneer Double DIN GPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Buddyclub N+ Spec, Topspeed Headers, Skunk2 Catback Exhaust

Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    i think your rear got too much camber on the rear. that's what happened to me when i lowered my CL9 too much without a camber kit.

it felt scary on high speed!

i raised it up a bit, got another alignment and it reduced the swaying effect on the rear.

this is how low it was:

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Lux
    cheers for the reply. yeah i thought it could be that but i've got a camber kit fitted, do you have coilovers?

nice euro btw!
    Mods: Pioneer Double DIN GPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Buddyclub N+ Spec, Topspeed Headers, Skunk2 Catback Exhaust

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    It is not the camber. You have lowered your car so much that it is beyond the damper travel range of the coilovers. Once you raise the cat back up, the car will feel less floaty. I had -3.5° camber and the cat was not floaty when I drive from sydney to melbourne at 110 km/h eventhough it looked worse than the pic above. Mine looked like a V8 supercar in reverse.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Lux
    Yeah my car isn't that low though. I've been running a two finger gap ever since I got coilovers. Think my coils are stuffed or something..they squeak like mad too. I think it just needs proper damper adjustment. Will get around to fixing this issue eventually. sigh

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    What coilovers you using?

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Lux
    buddyclub n+

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by richard_k View Post
    buddyclub n+
    Was it lowered by adjusting the spring perch? Or was it lowered by shortening damper body through the lower mount?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Was it lowered by adjusting the spring perch? Or was it lowered by shortening damper body through the lower mount?
    not sure but you're not supposed to touch the srping perch yes? that could be why..

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Yer spring perch is a big no no

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Lux
    i got them installed at pedders so you'd assume they know how to adjust coils LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro Lux
    ive got the same coils and mine seem fine and im running on no finger gap/tucking tyre