Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    vtack+non-vtak
    in most cases i read somewhere on heeltoe auto where they have a fantastic build thread on their cl9, most of the coilover suspension kits offered on the market arent adequate enough for the track. but for street they are superb! my friend has bc's in his euro and they provide actually a pretty good ride and speed in corners has greatly improved.

can someone tell me if im wrong or right?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Correct, pure racing suspension will cost well over $2k, and you'll likely want chassis reinforcements ontop of that...
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Wrong... pure racing suspension? What's a pure racing suspension? Suspension that can't be used on the street???
    Suspension is suspension. Whether you use it for racing or not, it's still suspension.
    There's only good suspension or bad suspension. Nothing else.

There's too much emphasis on lowering the car to make it look good. People just want to dump it so it looks fulli sik, t3h s3x and omg thats ultra low bro! ur a mad ki3nt, etc etc.
    This is where the target market for cheap coilovers are. Look at the photos above and see what cheap coilovers are like. You might be lucky and never have anything like that happen to you, but I'm sure you wouldn't want to be in the car when it does happen.

Sure "you can get BC coilovers (not Buddy Club) delivered to your door for $1300", but is that really $1300 of your money well spent? I'd rather get a set of koni yellows and springs instead of that fulli sik coilovers which go reallllly mad low brah.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by h17am View Post
    Wrong... pure racing suspension? What's a pure racing suspension? Suspension that can't be used on the street???
    Suspension is suspension. Whether you use it for racing or not, it's still suspension.
    There's only good suspension or bad suspension. Nothing else.

There's too much emphasis on lowering the car to make it look good. People just want to dump it so it looks fulli sik, t3h s3x and omg thats ultra low bro! ur a mad ki3nt, etc etc.
    This is where the target market for cheap coilovers are. Look at the photos above and see what cheap coilovers are like. You might be lucky and never have anything like that happen to you, but I'm sure you wouldn't want to be in the car when it does happen.

Sure "you can get BC coilovers (not Buddy Club) delivered to your door for $1300", but is that really $1300 of your money well spent? I'd rather get a set of koni yellows and springs instead of that fulli sik coilovers which go reallllly mad low brah.
    I understand what you mean mate, but good or bad suspension depends on the environment or situation it's used in.
    And it's a personal preference of soft vs hard as well.

I can see why you think BC is not money well spent for lowering. But on the other hand, the majority of Coilovers sold don't drop more than 1.5inch, which is not a whole lot if you think about it,and not for a whole lot more than shock/springs combo cost wise. I know there's idiots around but they arent the majority .

By "pure racing" I meant competition products like this, with infinite adjust ability
    http://www.exe-tc.co.uk/circuit/technical
    or this
    http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/m...g%20Suspension
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

bad suspension would be... BC (not Buddy Club)... The environment or situation would be anywhere the vehicle is moving...
    good or bad is absolute, are BC's good? no, not at all, not by a long shot, a really long shot.

why would you need to drop more than 1.5"? That's a massive drop. How does the car handle after such a massive drop?!?!?!
    not only is it super danger, it will probably make your car handle like poop.

oh and I know what you mean by racing coilovers, pure overkill if you just drive to coles and back.
    but they'd do such an excellent excellent job when you drive down to the shops.
    and those ones you listed, you wont get the whole set for $2k. you'll get 1 corner.

Member Array
    Car:
    Blown NHBP CL9
    and those ones you listed, you wont get the whole set for $2k. you'll get 1 corner.
    +1000 on that,

I used to have Tanabe GF (8k/4k) when car was a daily, but they started to fail.
    Replaced them with Spoon full-spec damper (12k/8k) and cannot even begin to compare them.

You get what you pay for.

FYI regarding full race suspension, My brother in law's wrx suspension (coilover's only) cost him $13k .
    Last edited by shmivic; 26-08-2011 at 08:59 AM.
    V T E C h n i q u e
    Since 2001
    OG Member #3

Bargain! Was it reigers or proflex?
    I saw these reigers for sale at 15000 euros. Holy smoke...

R u using the spoon coilovers for the euro Simon?

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro Lux
    the z-tune r34 supposedly uses $20k worth of sachs coils

Member Array
    Car:
    Blown NHBP CL9
    Bargain! Was it reigers or proflex?

R u using the spoon coilovers for the euro Simon?

I'd have to check what he's got, can't remember the make but they are monster's

Yep i've had the Spoon's for 2-3 months now (pn: 51600-CL7-G20).
    Figured since all my other suspension bits are spoon that only natural to have the c/over to suit.
    V T E C h n i q u e
    Since 2001
    OG Member #3

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2 Civic Type R
    I'll put it this way to get people thinking, say these cheapie coilover cost $1300
    take away shipping and profit margins you get maybe a $1000 coilover? so thats $250 per corner
    breakdown all the exterior stuff and how much that would probably cost
    a really good spring cost about $100, but I seriously doubt these would be good springs, so say the springs cost $50
    that leaves $200 for the actual shock,
    shiny anodized tops with spherical bearing say $75
    anodized spring seats and locks $25
    mounting brackets and machining a threaded shock body $25
    so you're left with $75 per shock for "precision" engineered pistons, fluid, valves, & adjusters

in contrast a Koni Shock absorber for $250 what's spent on the exterior? simple non threaded steel shock body
    no spring or spring seats, or shiny tops, hell, you even have to insert it to your own mounting brackets!
    wouldn't you prefer all that money be spent on the internals where it counts?
    I know what I'd buy if I needed suspension on a budget.

and I get to proudly wear this sticker:

PRICELESS!
    Last edited by lukits01; 26-08-2011 at 12:39 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    RB3
    Unfortunately.. and it's a very sad (and dangerous) fact... a lot of people don't have a clue when it comes to properly modifying suspension systems.. hardly anyone thinks of what they are doing to the other components of the car.. it's not called a "system" for nothing..

As long as it can lower the car until it's scraping on its oil pan, it's awesome...

oh and sen, you wish you can display that sticker... this one is good enough for you.