Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    try car audio they have some cheap ones if your looking for those type of head unit in your link
    or xtreme car audio just letting you know fusions are the cheapest but dont buy clarion i made a mistake on getting clarion and its really crap
    if your listening to burnt cd's or dvd it will stuff up your cd even though its not scratch it would stop playing
    you pay for what you get i mean i got mine for 500 and i thought it was good but ive had mine for a month and all i have been doing is having problems with it

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    abit off topic, but how many RCA pre outs do i need if i want to run 1x sub 1x amp, front and rear splits with tweeters?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by dr1ftaX View Post
    abit off topic, but how many RCA pre outs do i need if i want to run 1x sub 1x amp, front and rear splits with tweeters?
    If ur gonna run the speakers off the HU, than its fine.. use the amp to power the sub.... Make sure the HU has a Direct Sub drive, or else the HU will just send the same sound signal as those of the speakers, and makes tuning subs hella easier... 1 pre out, but direct sub drive... not speaker output, remember that lol

If ur wanting better, go with 1 amp for speakers, and than 1 mono block amp for sub... But generally, this setup would require a 3 rca pre out.... the best but also the most expensive

Running the speakers off the one amp, means u can channel the splits to only higher frequencies an the rears to more med level frequencies as u have separate channels for both fronts an rears, as opposed to running both off the two channel, and obviously, the sub being the lowest frequencies, from my understanding....

If u were jus running the front splits an one sub, than u can get away with it... tune the splits for mid to high level frequencies, an the sub does all the lower end work... 2 pre outs

But at the end of the day, its upto you how u want it to sound, this is jus my 2cents
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    '01 WRX
    i doubt jb hifi will be having another 30% car audio soon, had one last week... but you can still pick up the JVC kdr626 for 229, 3 rca preouts and ipod/iphone via usb, a good value for money deck
    OVERRATED TO BE UNDERRATED

LOLNOPE!