Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    B18EG|EG6|EP3
    all good

so whats the process for going to court? and is it costly? has anyone done it?
    My EG5 build
    "Try to move in with a hot easy gurl. I've got a mate who does his house mate when he gets drunk. This way you can cure some of the loneliness and also save $$$ on prosties. Just remember to act like nothings happened the next day because if you get attached your laterz mate."

Member Array
    Car:
    Yellow EG =D
    Quote Originally Posted by will13 View Post
    all good

in melbourne, got caught doing 170+ (not me) on radar, first offence, student, fine of $250 and licenses suspended for 1 year. restarts on green p's
    WINTON PB - 1:48.9
    EG5 1.6L SOHC

Quote Originally Posted by will13 View Post
    all good

Well for my friend. His got already a definite 500-600 impounding and towing charge. Approx 1100 fine most likely.
    He was only going max 20km over so hopefully will get the good behaviour driving bond. Plus the cops made him damage his bumper. 300 to fix most likely.
    All up close to 2000 he has to pay. Most expensive 6 seconds of his life.

Are there any other charges his got to be aware of? I'd also like to know.
    Last edited by V8KLLR; 10-06-2011 at 12:31 PM.
    Straight lines love fast cars. Hard corners love fast drivers.

Member Array
    Car:
    jdm b16a civic
    impounding fee will be way more than that aye, how long they impound it for?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    What, they made him damage his bumper??

Quote Originally Posted by jdm18c View Post
    impounding fee will be way more than that aye, how long they impound it for?
    One month. The going rate is $11 a day I think. Plus approx $200 for the towing to a top secret metro impound lot. Hopefully it wont be any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nepolian View Post
    What, they made him damage his bumper??
    Yes the police made him go up a steep slope of a dodgy driveway and drive into a park. His car was lowered. 2 finger gap front and back. He begged, implored, plead, grovelled etc to reverse up. Police officer took a real nasty tone with him and said "YOU WILL DO AS I SAY". So he drives up, police officer doesnt see a big arse rock and his bumper broke.

Member Array
    Car:
    jdm b16a civic
    lol there is one at wetherial park that they keep some impounded cars at

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    my impound fee was $800 and the towing yard damaged my car extensively - my lawyer is dealing with the whole thing for me in court

im willing to plead at a lessor charge of speeding or accept a good behavior bond

the towing yard will also be made to cover damages on my car

having a clean record and admitting to speeding for reasons of seeing my old man on his death bed have helped me though i still dont know what the outcome is going to be
    i admit that i was speeding - but the speed they allege is ridiculous - my passenger at the time (a sensible, older family friend - would never allow me to do such a thing)

i expect the fine to be $500 - $1000 and legal fees will most likely be around $2000

so meh ... sux eh lol
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    my impound fee was $800 and the towing yard damaged my car extensively - my lawyer is dealing with the whole thing for me in court

im willing to plead at a lessor charge of speeding or accept a good behavior bond

the towing yard will also be made to cover damages on my car

having a clean record and admitting to speeding for reasons of seeing my old man on his death bed have helped me though i still dont know what the outcome is going to be
    i admit that i was speeding - but the speed they allege is ridiculous - my passenger at the time (a sensible, older family friend - would never allow me to do such a thing)

i expect the fine to be $500 - $1000 and legal fees will most likely be around $2000

so meh ... sux eh lol
    WOW WTF they damaged your car? Which impound lot is this?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    small place down in south west australia - cant name and shame for legal reasons atm
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Yeah it will be on your criminal record. this has happen to myself, you wont win against the words of the coppers because pretty much every wrong move is pretty much frown upon.
    What happen was that i went to court to get my car back from the impound after 2 weeks. 200 something
    Next i went into court for the verdict and offered to do a Traffics Offender Program were my case was adjourned to a later date
    After the program i was due back in court were i received a 10 month suspension and 1100 for promote/take part in street race and negligent driving.
    The other person received a much smaller fine due to a clear record. Since i had minor offences on my record, the court gave me a larger fine.

so on my behalf, i would say person A is in for quite a large fine and a 1 year suspension.
    If he's case is held at the Fairfield court i would say, hope that you get the male judge and ask if you could do a traffic offenders program and after that hope that you get the male judge again to do the final verdict because he's pretty lenient. If you get female judge your pretty much screwed lol this is from my experience anyways, hope this helps

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Quote Originally Posted by matthai View Post
    Yeah it will be on your criminal record. this has happen to myself, you wont win against the words of the coppers because pretty much every wrong move is pretty much frown upon.
    this coming first hand from someone.

and what did i fucking say right at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    1. Cops word wins every time without hard evidence against it. That's why they are police.
    2. Egging on, showing off, speeding, is bad to start with. Two cars doing it next to each other is street racing. Thems the the rules, deal with it.
    this is why motherfuckers shouldnt fucking doubt what i say.

i am ALWAYS right.
    to see all of my build, checkout