Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    B18EG|EG6|EP3
    calm down bro

havent you seen that thing in the lols thread about how many ozhomo's it takes to do stuff lol
    My EG5 build
    "Try to move in with a hot easy gurl. I've got a mate who does his house mate when he gets drunk. This way you can cure some of the loneliness and also save $$$ on prosties. Just remember to act like nothings happened the next day because if you get attached your laterz mate."

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    its funny coz its true
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Wow, interesting thread. Ive never heard of this type of thing in QLD, the good 'ol sunshine state.

I do not condone street racing, but seriously, if the cops get you, don't admit to shit. If the cops made him destroy his rear bar, they should be sued! Lawyer up and fcuk those dirty coppers.

Cops once stopped me revving my b16a out at the lights up to the 70km speed limit (quick shift from 1st at cutout and just a little squirt in 2nd).It was on a lane that ended just after the lights. Copper said I shouldnt drive so fast, I said I let go at 70KM/H. Then copper said I had failed to indicate when merging, breathalised me and told me to have a good day and drive safely. Maybe he was a motoring enthusiast, or maybe QLD cops are a bit more tolerant.
    Last edited by Mikecivic78; 10-06-2011 at 09:20 PM.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    traffic offenses don't go on your criminal record - they go on a traffic record

to get a criminal record for a traffic offense it has to be like 'dangerous driving occasioning grievous bodily harm' - in other words someone has to loose a limb etc

i got charged for 'dangerous driving occasioning bodily harm' because i broke my own ankles - but its not a criminal offense until its 'grievous' etc etc

and trism ... calm down ... lol
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Quote Originally Posted by matthai View Post
    Yeah it will be on your criminal record. this has happen to myself, you wont win against the words of the coppers because pretty much every wrong move is pretty much frown upon.
    What happen was that i went to court to get my car back from the impound after 2 weeks. 200 something
    Next i went into court for the verdict and offered to do a Traffics Offender Program were my case was adjourned to a later date
    After the program i was due back in court were i received a 10 month suspension and 1100 for promote/take part in street race and negligent driving.
    The other person received a much smaller fine due to a clear record. Since i had minor offences on my record, the court gave me a larger fine.

so on my behalf, i would say person A is in for quite a large fine and a 1 year suspension.
    If he's case is held at the Fairfield court i would say, hope that you get the male judge and ask if you could do a traffic offenders program and after that hope that you get the male judge again to do the final verdict because he's pretty lenient. If you get female judge your pretty much screwed lol this is from my experience anyways, hope this helps
    Thanks man. This is the info I was looking for. Is it possible to get a one year good behaviour bond for driving?

Yea I was informed about the evil female magistrate aswell.
    Straight lines love fast cars. Hard corners love fast drivers.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    My lawyer mate says it really can depend on the magistrate. You might get a good one, or an anti-hooning nazi.

Luck of the draw, but lawyer can maybe help somewhat.

My friend has been seeking legal advice. Its been unsuccessful, they cant really do much and he cant see the point of paying them over a 1000 if there isnt really a significant change to the outcome. All they have said is try to get the traffic offenders program, 3x character references from people with clean records, a statement, and be well groomed + act remorseful. Which he was gonna do anyway.
    I agree its luck off the draw. Not really a fair go cause I dont believe a magistrate should be harsher than the others on a particular subject cause that is bias and that just means its really whether you in the wrong or right, but whether the magistrate is a nazi or not.
    Last edited by V8KLLR; 10-06-2011 at 10:25 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by V8KLLR View Post
    My friend has been seeking legal advice. Its been unsuccessful, they cant really do much and he cant see the point of paying them over a 1000 if there isnt really a significant change to the outcome. All they have said is try to get the traffic offenders program, 3x character references from people with clean records, a statement, and be well groomed + act remorseful. Which he was gonna do anyway.
    I agree its luck off the draw. Not really a fair go cause I dont believe a magistrate should be harsher than the others on a particular subject cause that is bias and that just means its really whether you in the wrong or right, but whether the magistrate is a nazi or not.
    there are so many problems with our legal system its not funny ... but i spose its better than nothing =/

i lost faith in it a long time ago

Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    there are so many problems with our legal system its not funny ... but i spose its better than nothing =/

i lost faith in it a long time ago
    Yea my belief in it has died aswell. This'll be a good thread when I post up the results of the court trial to serve as a example to ozhonda members now and present.
    Lesson one - Dont ever speed. Lesson two - Dont be an idiot and be honest and upfront when a copper questions you expecting a better outcome for your co-operations. Your just dousing yourself in gasoline for the magistrate to burn you over the smallest transgression.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by V8KLLR View Post
    Yea my belief in it has died aswell. This'll be a good thread when I post up the results of the court trial to serve as a example to ozhonda members now and present.
    Lesson one - Dont ever speed. Lesson two - Dont be an idiot and be honest and upfront when a copper questions you expecting a better outcome for your co-operations. Your just dousing yourself in gasoline for the magistrate to burn you over the smallest transgression.
    So he'll just represent himself then? To be honest I don't have a big issue with speeding in general - for me it all depends on how fast you're going, the limit you're breaking, and the area that you're in. If you're doing 120km/hour in a 110km/hour zone out in the country I have no problem with that. Even just having a little squirt here and there is fine by me so long as you can be sure there is nobody else nearby and you're not going way over the top.

But of course at the end of the day you just have to take responsibility, whether it's for a fine or for a life. Fortunately most people here have never seen a person told they're about to die, or actually seen them die, let alone wrap the body. That's why the government uses footage of families and friends who have lost loved ones to persuade those with no exposure. Doesn't sink in sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikecivic78 View Post
    Wow, interesting thread. Ive never heard of this type of thing in QLD, the good 'ol sunshine state.

I do not condone street racing, but seriously, if the cops get you, don't admit to shit. If the cops made him destroy his rear bar, they should be sued! Lawyer up and fcuk those dirty coppers.

Cops once stopped me revving my b16a out at the lights up to the 70km speed limit (quick shift from 1st at cutout and just a little squirt in 2nd).It was on a lane that ended just after the lights. Copper said I shouldnt drive so fast, I said I let go at 70KM/H. Then copper said I had failed to indicate when merging, breathalised me and told me to have a good day and drive safely. Maybe he was a motoring enthusiast, or maybe QLD cops are a bit more tolerant.
    In VIC this is considered an 'Exhibition of Acceleration' and is a traffic offence, along with other vague things like 'Intentionally Losing Traction in one or more Tyres'.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    exhibition of acceleration??

so my D15b7 screams its head off (not overly loud - but lots of revs) but probably struggles to make it to 90km/h with the same effort of a commodore v6 at half throttle ... so do i still get done for this offense? - car modding is getting technical - i think the law needs to catch up with it

after my accident that put me in a wheelchair for 12months - it really hit home what it feels like to hit something travelling over 50km/h

now as i drive at 110km/h on the country highways and i see the trees go by - it makes me really think that it only would take something small like a stick, a rock or a flat tyre and i would hit one .. and i know what the impact feels like ... it sux

but even after all of that i still enjoy a spirited drive ... but only when its sensible and doesnt break the law ... i rarely speed - thats the joy of having a little 1500cc honda civic - its amazingly fun to drive and you can redline 2 gears before you even get to the speed limit lol
    Last edited by TheSaint; 11-06-2011 at 12:22 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    In VIC this is considered an 'Exhibition of Acceleration' and is a traffic offence, along with other vague things like 'Intentionally Losing Traction in one or more Tyres'.
    Wow, that's rough. I guess it's why Mark Webber called VIC the nanny state. You poor bastards.