Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GD3 rear sway bar

Do they exsist? is there part from another car that will fit, (long shot), or is the front sway that i see is available good enuf?

i've had King spring fitted, but i'm guessing that it'd going to still pitch hard through an S bend....

rah... sometimes i wish it was a GE... rear disks, rear sway...

yes i believe so, from memory kongfu has/had one as i've enquired about it a while ago.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    GD3
    ultra racing makes em' and i think progress do as well
    Last edited by ivanh; 14-07-2011 at 11:31 PM.

ok, sweet, i saw the ultra racing one, i just wanted to know if someone here had looked @ the whiteline parts list, and there's one that fits, just not listed in the cat. most suspension shops are useless...

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    i looked at a picture of one, and well they dont look like they would even work.

there is a link arm that attaches to the suspension.

hey, i got it back, and there is minimal body roll anyway, (i only drove it for like a day before it went to the engine builders after i had the springs fitted), so i'm thinking it's the last thing i'm going to worry about.

Have to put some K's on the clock, so i can get the rune finished up, as it's set to 4,000 RPM, just as the fun REALLY starts, rev limit. RAH.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    i mean all that the anti sway is capable of really doing is limiting the suspension travel
    it wont make as much of a difference as it should if it had independent rear suspension.

ummm... ok, that's complete right, but anyway. TOOO tired to REALLY going into this in detail, so ppl, FEEL FREE to correct, or expand on this...

In real world terms, a rear sway decreases the amount of grip you rear has, making it overstear, (in extremes). making a front wheel drive car turn faster.

why a rear sway is a good 1st upgrade to a FWD car. and the best thing, it only comes into effect when you're turning, so it doesn't effect the ride.

You can do the same by increaseing the stiffness of the suspension, but you will change the ride quality.

The Jazz with it's fuel tank in the middle of the car, there's very little weight over the rear, so it tend to overstear anyway. the GD1's had a tendancy to lift off oversteer quite easily, and the GD3 had the suspension softened to compensate. I hate it, my VTi 2003 GD1 was awesome. anyway...

the nerfed it as most of these things weren't really sold to ppl like us... so there was some complaint that is was a little "unstable" should have just sent out a "this is how you drive" memo.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    i know what an anti sway bar is, and how they work.

what im trying to say is the underbelly of the GD3 already has an anti sway bar setup.
    if u look at it, u see that the original swing arm set up on the rear is the same, by installing the UR one its just going along with it, the difference would be minimal.
    In first year motor sports i learnt that FWD cars go for softer springs on the front because its easier to put power down, and all that type of stuff.

but just structurally it would make no difference. take a look under there u seem pretty knowledgeable about racing products that or you've read the adverts ahaha.
    but srsly take a look, i made a lil thread if u can show where i went wrong it would be good but so far there is no reason for it to work.

Member Array
    Car:
    NondaRalliJuzz
    Quote Originally Posted by GU357 View Post
    In first year motor sports i learnt that FWD cars go for softer springs on the front because its easier to put power down, and all that type of stuff.
    Off topic, but what do you mean first year motor sports? is there some sort of uni/tafe course or something?

S P A M|W O R K S

Like A Sir

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    yes its a engineering course that revolves around the physics and manufacturing of racing cars for motor sport. at university

Yes they exist. From what I know, progress, ultra racing, whiteline. Personally I prefer the how whiteline swaybar is being installed. You might wanna do a search around for their product. Part number should be BHR86Z. The reason for not recommending progress and ultra racing is basically because of the design of the sway bars, they are bolted directly underneath the 'pocket' where the rear springs are located. I've read many complaints from those who have installed with regards to the bolts/nuts rubbing against the springs which causes alot of unwanted noise etc. As for this whiteline, they designed their swaybar to use with endlinks, which solved the noise issue.

Link