Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R

Power steering delete in DC2R

Hey guys im interested in deleting my power steering on my dc2r, just wanted to know how i should go about it and is looping the lines the correct way, please feedback is important thanks guys.

from what i know of , easy to just remove the belt that all you need it , but here is the thing if you want it do properly , hope its help

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1643792

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    just a heads up: not ideal if its your daily, very heavy at crawling speeds.

u-turns and 3 point turns are a joke.

Are you considering a manual steering rack or do you just wanna loop the lines of the current one?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    hey guys ive already made the decision to do it , my friends eg im inlove with the steering control and the positive feedback from the wheel and just the way you feel the road so ive decided to do it im use to the steering hardness already and all i just want to know how to go about doing it correctly, i would rather loop the lines becuase ive read that putting a mnaual steering rack from an eg civic will require me to drop the subframe and change it with the eg one aswell, so yes id rather loop the lines however i would like an opinion on both... please.

you dont need to drop the subframe.

just remove all parts of the power steering system all the way to the lower joint at the base of the steering column. Then run a simple rubber hose loop or loop + T piece + breather off these two points (one is high one is low pressure , 15mm and 17mm nuts hold em in). Done.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    thanks benjamin cheers for the advice will do this weekend hopefully

Member Array
    Car:
    rolling shell
    Your dc2r has a powered steering rack. Removing the PS pump etc wont have the same feel as a proper manual rack.