Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Last time I was looking for a gearbox TODA AU was selling me a complete DC2R gearbox with all new internals and syncros for $1,800 - $2,000. Thats a great price, considering you have gearboxs like the S80 going around for $1,300 $1,500.

Or PM Slaz I remember him having a 4.9FD DC2R gearbox for $1,800. He might still have the standard ITR gearbox aswell/

Or PM Mfactory dude he can also build a brand new gearbox for a good price too.

Good luck and stay away from B16A gearboxs that are $1,000used. not worth the money for a 15year old thing.
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    ^^ Good advice.

Alternatively, brand new OEM DC2R box can be had new from Japan for ~$2k. Atleast you'll have piece of mind that it's gonna be 100% perfect.
    part time potato

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    B16a2 EG2
    Gents

I picked up a brand new jdm itr box with lsd and 4.7 final drive and a excedy sports organic clutch.

Got this installed and the mechanic also had me replace the 4 driveshaft boots.

All up this cost me 3200 plus i still have mt oem box with a bad 3rd syncro that is the only issue with it. How much would you say this box is worth?

Also im at the beggining of a 500 km wear in period and when i turn and/or brake the steering wheel shakes alittlebit and you can feel something rattling in the cv joint area, is this a normal thing to come accross when you are driving a brand new clutch and gearbox?

Im alittle conserned because the installer did not give me any warranty as they were (race parts) and they only give garantees on oem replacement products.

Your thoughts guys?
    "I love the smell of vtec in the morning!"