Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: First Car :3

Member Array
    Car:
    crak whore

First Car :3

Sup Guys..
    Looking at getting my first car soon But I'm a little stumped..

I've pretty much narrowed it down to a Vti-r Teggy, a vti-r ek civic, or a del sol.
    Opinions? Suggestions for any other car? Preferable Dohc with vtec... But will consider none the less. Price limit about 6-7.
    Last edited by Perry; 18-06-2011 at 07:42 PM.
    you kunts are just too busy flippin burger pattys for me while im waiting in the drive through of mcdonalds in my s2k with my blonde bitch in the passenger seat.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    They're all good options IMO, it really depends on what looks best to you or what you LIKE the most. Their performance will probably be very similar in terms of handling and power.

I think the DC2 looks the best, followed by the EK4 (although I would prefer an EG6 to an EK4). EG2 has never really interested me as far as CRX's are concerned - I would prefer an EF8 (and I own one booya!).

Man you're not gonna get a decent vti-r for 6-7k. It's gonna be thrashed, high km or repairable write-off or something.

But out of the 3, vti-r teggy! biased of course :P

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Yup what dougie sed, depends on what you like the most. DC2 would me abit more roomier than the ek and crx so that would be easier if you got passengers etc imo. All 3 cars have fairly good aftermarket support so lots to choose from if your planning to mod it. If it was me i would choose the ek4, for some reason they look hot lol what about a bb6 prelude vti-r? There should be some within your price range.

Member Array
    Car:
    crak whore
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    They're all good options IMO, it really depends on what looks best to you or what you LIKE the most. Their performance will probably be very similar in terms of handling and power.

I think the DC2 looks the best, followed by the EK4 (although I would prefer an EG6 to an EK4). EG2 has never really interested me as far as CRX's are concerned - I would prefer an EF8 (and I own one booya!).
    Hahahaha Just thinking about somthing with a good engine from factory, as i will be on p's... Otherwise i would engine swap an eg5 :P
    you kunts are just too busy flippin burger pattys for me while im waiting in the drive through of mcdonalds in my s2k with my blonde bitch in the passenger seat.

Member Array
    Car:
    crak whore
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    Man you're not gonna get a decent vti-r for 6-7k. It's gonna be thrashed, high km or repairable write-off or something.

But out of the 3, vti-r teggy! biased of course :P
    Hahaha yeah i would save up a bit more if i got a teggy...

Member Array
    Car:
    crak whore
    Quote Originally Posted by DTN View Post
    Yup what dougie sed, depends on what you like the most. DC2 would me abit more roomier than the ek and crx so that would be easier if you got passengers etc imo. All 3 cars have fairly good aftermarket support so lots to choose from if your planning to mod it. If it was me i would choose the ek4, for some reason they look hot lol what about a bb6 prelude vti-r? There should be some within your price range.
    Yeah not really worried about passengers, i ain't no taxi But yeah, I like the ek4 the best, but would need one with b16a from factory... as can't do engine swaps :/ Not really a fan of the prelude. I don't know why, they just haven't really appealed to me :3

Drive around in a teg with me Hahaha

Member Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE R
    If you get a VTi-R teg def try get a facelift one 98+ looks much cleaned and dual airbag so you and passenger are safer..
    But I'd be mainly worrying about looking better
    I'd go teg but the again bias.. I got a type R .. Actually even look int an EM1 I really like those lil things .. If modded right they look awesome..
    Last edited by DCZ 18C; 10-06-2011 at 11:10 PM.
    THERES NO CAR LIKE A TYPE R

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    ^
    He won't get an EM1 for $6-7k. He's going to struggle to get a DC2 or EK4. Del Sol you can get for that price range if you look hard enough.

Quote Originally Posted by CivicEGSI View Post
    Hahahaha Just thinking about somthing with a good engine from factory, as i will be on p's... Otherwise i would engine swap an eg5 :P
    The cars you have selected are all good options. IMO don't buy an EG5 and engine swap it. You'll spend much more than $6-7k total. Just start with somebody that already has a good potential, or look for a clean car that's already been legitimately and legally engine-swapped.

EK has the most room, followed by DC, then Del Sol.

Member Array
    Car:
    crak whore
    I might even end up getting more than 6-7k thats just what i have now :3 Really keen on getting a del sol lately, but there isn't much available. And can't get one that is engine swapped, as i can't have a mod plate, because will be on my p's, and that shit is illegal D: know anyone who wants to get rid of a del sol in qld for like 7k?

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    1+ for DelSol - Its got a targa top for summer, zippy with the b16a good gearbox good fuel economy, quite rare and uncommon (most people always ask what car i have )

1+ for DC2 - Its got a nice B18C so easily modified to go quick, great aftermarket and parts support (can use parts from dc2r etc),