Hybrid View

I've got them for my dc2 and on just looking at the design, I'd say good money making ploy otherwise bullshit. Some of the holding.collars are just 2mm tall and 1mm thick. Top that off made from aluminium like what you find in bunnings. If there's shear, this will shear right off.
    And Oh.. dc2r rigid collars for sale... Hahaha
    MFactory Competition Products

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    Quote Originally Posted by e240 View Post
    I've got them for my dc2 and on just looking at the design, I'd say good money making ploy otherwise bullshit. Some of the holding.collars are just 2mm tall and 1mm thick. Top that off made from aluminium like what you find in bunnings. If there's shear, this will shear right off.
    And Oh.. dc2r rigid collars for sale... Hahaha
    Thanks for sharing your experiences with them - good to hear peoples experience. I would have a guess that the type R Civic/Integras would have come with a tighter fit than say a standard EK1/4? I don't know... but maybe that's why they show a Prius to exaggerate the situation... BUT in saying that see below comment to Saint:

Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    first of all ... why are they using an insight as a test bench for spoon racing products? lol

i will show my lecturer this next week and see what his thoughts are =)
    Thanks mate - would be interesting to get his thoughts...

Now... for some more homework: the pic you see below is from a Civic FD3 (not a Prius lol) - check these out:

In photo 2 and 3 you can clearly see a fairly large gap where the bolt connects the subframe to the chassis and in photo 4 with the rigid collars installed. Pretty clear evidence it does tighten things up and no matter how good your coilovers/suspension are, without this there is always going to be flex.

What the end result is on the road for an EK1 I'm not sure... but you would make the assumption it could only make the geometry of the car better...

Photo. 1

Photo. 2

Photo. 3

Photo.4

Source of photos: http://spoon-mechanic.seesaa.net/upl...8A3B1.jpg.html

Would be good to hear any more experiences/opinions guys... and excluding talking about price (we all know you pay for Spoon), if just the mod in itself would make an improvement to the car
    Last edited by Alvis; 11-06-2011 at 04:39 PM.
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

JDM/Mugen inspired EK sedan build thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ss-pics/page34