Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: H22A into EM1

Member Array

H22A into EM1

hey guys,

a chance has arisen for me to purchase a H22A. I'm wondering is it worth the power gain into an em1.

has anyone done this before?

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Do it. Only weighs about 25kg more tthan the b when you use the b gearbox, and its got a shit load of torque. You'll regret it if you dont.

Sent from my Xoom
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    thanks for the input. never heard of anyone doing it before.

just wanted to see if thered be any complications.

keep em rolling

Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    Do it. Only weighs about 25kg more tthan the b when you use the b gearbox, and its got a shit load of torque. You'll regret it if you dont.

Sent from my Xoom
    ^he knows it. Do it!

its worth the extra kw and displ. A friend of mine put a h22 into his dc2 b18, that swap was well worth it! H2b setup would be even better

You could even go turbo in the future...keep the H22 gearbox if you have turbo plans. try get a jdm one, not a big deal but if you can get a jdm h22 that would be an extra 7kw
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Member Array
    well the h22 im looking at is a 4th gen jap spec

what box should i be using? its H or B box? never heard of anyone doing this swap before so im a bit confused haha...

furthermore its obviously not a straight drop it right? need some custom mounts? wiring/looms?

if anyones achieved this swap before, id appreciate it if you could list what you needed...im most likely going to do it at GPC

well a b-series gearbox would be a better option if you wanna keep it NA. Shorter gear ratios.

Try and get a half cut. Yes you will need custom mounts, can get them off ebay and other places.
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Member Array
    cheers man. i think i'll keep my b series box.

yeah ill ask around for the mounts. how about wiring/looms?

just remember you will need around an extra 1.5k if you want the H2b setup. You could also get a h22 type s which is 162kw!

what year is your em1? Whats your budget?
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremydawg View Post
    just remember you will need around an extra 1.5k if you want the H2b setup. You could also get a h22 type s which is 162kw!

what year is your em1? Whats your budget?
    been looking for a H22 type s cannot find one anywhere. I have about 1.5K for labour. planning to sell the b16 asap anyway

ill say at least you must spend min 8k-10k to do proper h2b, the one who just said extra 1.5k totally wrong or no idea

^ he already has the box so around 1.5k for the kit... not including labour
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Account Disabled Array
    There is alot of things people have not considered when doing a straight h22a or H2b swap. I think people needs to do more research before deciding any motor swaps. Talk to someone who has done it before and get the in's and out's of every swap. You'll be surprise of what you'll find out