Car:
    GD3/ED6

K24 in an ED?

possible to chuck in a k24 in an ED?
    now that would be something.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EF 91
    PLEASE DO! haha, i wish i could do that, but damn u'd have a lot of work to do and a lot of extra $$$ to play with. U got my vote all the way though, that'd be something special.

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    It is definately possible. A few people have put k24s into EF Crx's. Maybe hit them up

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3/ED6
    HAHHA just a thought boys, just a thought. i wonder how much money would have to go into this whole conversion?

btw 91EFFER im waiting on your build mate! got me all excited and shhhit.

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    you would be looking at a minimum of $10k
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    nah not 10K for a K24 (stock) swap.. K24's arent as valuable as K20's.. **edit: I am assuming you would perform the work yourself - if you're farming it out to a workshop then I have no idea how much this would cost** it's fairly easy swap with Hasport(etc) mounts and wiring kits etc but i dont know if you will be able to close the hood with the 2.4L block in there.. and will need to be fully certified by an engineer for registration for road use.
    Last edited by VT3C; 14-06-2011 at 04:40 PM. Reason: oops this might not be DiY...

Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by ouch View Post
    HAHHA just a thought boys, just a thought. i wonder how much money would have to go into this whole conversion?

btw 91EFFER im waiting on your build mate! got me all excited and shhhit.
    $15,000

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by VT3C View Post
    but i dont know if you will be able to close the hood with the 2.4L block in there.
    Bonnet won't close with a K24 on any EF/ED without a lot of work, and a facelift JDM front style bonnet (EF8 etc.) is the only OEM bonnet that will clear a K20 in a CR-X and even that needs the bonnet skeleton to be cut away and bigger intake manifolds still won't fit, not too sure about the civics.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED's/EF
    OP, which ED are you talking about? ED3, ED6 or ED9?

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3/ED6
    ED6! maybe even a K20? i mean the K20 has enough power anyways. just a thought.

Member Array
    Car:
    crx
    i been looking into swap can be done but will cost you heaps and lose a few thing eg. A/c system and no hydro power steer, something you will live with if it track car but likely become a car you can't live with day to day as daily

I have costed up for me so far is around $15-17k for K20a DC5R ITR swap at guess with alot of parts and extra work i do at the same time
    i got quote to put into ED9 crx by honda performance shop for same money but less goodies and hopeful as good job as i could do it as mechanic myself
    have look at information on K20a.org, research, research and research

A K24 swap will be cheaper with alot more work need engineer for registration for road use
    Best talk to a engineer ask question after you look on K20a.org with some good information you found , pictures and what people have done to improve the brakes, suspension and chassis etc

Good luck all i say as parting words it hard to do k swap conpair to putting a B18c DC2R ITR swap into ED Civic/CRX that will cost a extra $5-10k wih extra 50kw unopen engine on tuned on Hondate KPro ECU on board
    If you see a good Technical post giving advice give some postive rep

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Power steer is possible, just get an electric power steer pump.

Sent from my Xoom
    to see all of my build, checkout