Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Needing some help to resolve an air pump error on AP1

Hi All,
    Needing some help to resolve an P0410 (air pump circuit malfunction) / P0411 (Secondary air injection system incorrect flow) error. (6 long flashes of engine light) on AP1.

Background
    Car had some front end damage & has just come back from panel shop. Only noticed the error after it came back from panel shop, but they don’t know if they did something wrong.

Symptoms
    When starting engine air pump runs for about 5 seconds then stops, as soon as the air pump stops the engine light comes on.

So Far
    I removed bumper & ran some jumper wires to the air pump relay & the pump runs fine. Removed the pump outlet hose from the air control valve (on the inlet manifold) & there seems to be a fair amount of air flow & pressure coming from the pump. i.e. pump & relay seem to be OK

Sucked on the vacuum hose on the air control valve (on the inlet manifold) & I can hear the diaphram operate so it should be ok. Having said that, with the engine idling I couldn’t feel any vacuum on the hose that goes to the diaphram???

I have a funny feeling that the panel shop might have stuffed up some vacuum hoses when they put the front end back together.

Can anyone verify that their connections on the air control valve (on the back of the air box) are the same as attached photo.

Any other help would also be appreciated

Regards

[img=http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/1ed150376c.jpg]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S2000 Vac hoses.JPG 
Views:	979 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	18941  

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    First thing check to make sure all the lines are correct

http://forums.s2kca.com/showthread.p...+air+injection

Since it was in a front ender they probally removed some things and put it back wrong.

If all is correct check the relay fuse next to the air pump behind the front bar if that's fine as well try and listen too the airpump see if it turns on at a cold start should turn on for about 30 seconds and go off.

Also it could be a leak in the one of the lines, which is hard to tell because the pump dosen't go on for very long.

If after you've tried all that and there's no luck maybe do a swap with someone who has a working airpump to find out if it's the actual air pump that is damaged if it is time for a new one or a working 2nd hand one.

Every single time you try one of these reset your ecu as well.

Good luck buddy!
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    Is there any way to actually remove the pump with out it generating a CEL?

Is this pump really necessary apart from the emissions?

It seems like it takes up a lot of weight with its lines, canisters and pumps....
    "Power is nothing without control" - Peter Tyson (Pirelli)

thethrillofdriving.blogspot.com

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    GTM from the usa were in the mist of designing a air pump delete kit, which removes it without a CEL, however it failed and everyone was refunded. They could not get it to work with the USDM s2k's however they claim with the jdm audm etc. etc. it "should" work however noone from any of those reigons have tested it. Me and a mate have emailed them to find out if there's any more information on this but they have yet to reply.
    Another company that makes one is OrangeBall in japan, however as I cannot read Japanese I don't have any idea if it actually works hehe hopefully one day I will figure out a way to remove it and i'll let everyone know
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!

Member Array
    Car:
    00 S2000 09 Audi S3
    I just removed my air pump saved 4.5 kilos and cleaned up the engien bay in the process. You will run a CEL if you don't run a standalone ECU ( I fitted Kpro at the same time).

The GTM kit does work for cars that arent USDM... PM GT Motoring on S2ki to confirm this but im sure of it. And yes the airpump does nothing. AP2 doesnt even have it as they run double barrel catalytic convertor instead.

I loved removing it, engine bay looks awesome without a/c and airpump.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Doesn't AP1 run a double (two stage) cat too?

Member Array
    Car:
    00 S2000 09 Audi S3
    Nope AP1 is single barrell, AP2 is double from 06 onwards hence no airpump on the AP2 06+ to pass emissions. There is an article about it in hyper rev magazine.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Yeap I've seen the article too but I'm sure the audm ap1 runs a double as well which is why one of my barrels came loose and mashed my o2 sensor while the other one is still in place. The o2 sensor is also in a diffrent location to the jdm one as well.
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!

Member Array
    Car:
    00 S2000 09 Audi S3
    Either way air pump sucks!

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari View Post
    Either way air pump sucks!
    Amen.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by vyets View Post
    GTM from the usa were in the mist of designing a air pump delete kit, which removes it without a CEL, however it failed and everyone was refunded. They could not get it to work with the USDM s2k's however they claim with the jdm audm etc. etc. it "should" work however noone from any of those reigons have tested it. Me and a mate have emailed them to find out if there's any more information on this but they have yet to reply.
    Another company that makes one is OrangeBall in japan, however as I cannot read Japanese I don't have any idea if it actually works hehe hopefully one day I will figure out a way to remove it and i'll let everyone know
    This is good info

If anyone has a solution I would be eage to find out!

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    Well guys I found out that apparently the Challenger fix only did not work for USDM cars.

Apparently it is OK for AUDM cars -

Hi there

Inquired about this air pump delete kit a while ago RE: Australian cars.

I read your thread stating that this should work on all cars except USDM.

Can I get a total priced shipped to Sydney Australia?

Chris

Chris,

The price would be $125 shipped to Sydney.

Thanks,

Greg

Thanks Greg

If this does not work for AUDM, can it be refunded?

Chris,

If you have some problem with it not being compatible, it can be returned, but only within 2 weeks of recieving.

Greg

FROM S2Ki

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/7119...-by-challenge/