Threaded View

Needing some help to resolve an air pump error on AP1

Hi All,
    Needing some help to resolve an P0410 (air pump circuit malfunction) / P0411 (Secondary air injection system incorrect flow) error. (6 long flashes of engine light) on AP1.

Background
    Car had some front end damage & has just come back from panel shop. Only noticed the error after it came back from panel shop, but they don’t know if they did something wrong.

Symptoms
    When starting engine air pump runs for about 5 seconds then stops, as soon as the air pump stops the engine light comes on.

So Far
    I removed bumper & ran some jumper wires to the air pump relay & the pump runs fine. Removed the pump outlet hose from the air control valve (on the inlet manifold) & there seems to be a fair amount of air flow & pressure coming from the pump. i.e. pump & relay seem to be OK

Sucked on the vacuum hose on the air control valve (on the inlet manifold) & I can hear the diaphram operate so it should be ok. Having said that, with the engine idling I couldn’t feel any vacuum on the hose that goes to the diaphram???

I have a funny feeling that the panel shop might have stuffed up some vacuum hoses when they put the front end back together.

Can anyone verify that their connections on the air control valve (on the back of the air box) are the same as attached photo.

Any other help would also be appreciated

Regards

[img=http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/1ed150376c.jpg]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S2000 Vac hoses.JPG 
Views:	983 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	18941