Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    egb16a

what would be my next move in performance wise?

hey OH! i drive a honda eg5 vti with a jdm b16a. im currently running xforce 4-2-1 headers, xforce hiflow cat and xforce s12 twinloop muffler exhaust system and simota intake (whale penis). from the IHE i have gain some power. but its time for more! my friend recommended to get a type R 4.7FD LSD gearbox, as it will give a lot performance for any non lsd b series. and i do like the sound of that! but typeR gearbox are rare to pop up.. so my question is what performance can i do now while i wait for a typeR gearbox to pop up? i see people upgrade their cam shafts and cam gears to toda b spec, increase the size of their throttle body, even turbo! (but i dont wanna go turbo) and so on.. what is really the next step? thanks in advance.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish
    Depends, what u want from it??? If u all out power, ur not startg with the best base, so turbo is the best option. O else everything you do from now on is gonna get real expensive and have minimal power gain
    Ctrl + W

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    egb16a
    im not for all power.. its not all about the straight LOL. just a bit more. i want my car to stay for street.. but time to time take it to track.. i already got my handling mods. just want a tad more power.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish
    I think all u got left is like cams, mebbe a comp and that about it other for a few little things. Everything else is $$$$
    Ctrl + W

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    egb16a
    sorry bro.. i cant understand the middle section lol. yeah ill prob upgrade my cam n cam gears. then lsd gearbox and remap/tune it

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    full re-programmable ecu like power FC or Hondata s300 to make the most of the engine mods...... but thats in the 1k plus bracket...with tune around 1.5 - 2k

again same with port n polish head

have u upgraded clutch an to a lighter flywheel? lighter flywheel will give u more engine response in sacrificing lower end torque

as far as making more power, as said will need more dosh, an lots of it, think ITB's, Stroker kit, Blue printed engine, Engine swap?
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    you could put in a B20 block and make it a 2.0ltr

or cams, cam-gears, skunk2 intake manifold + hondata IM gasket, service the injectors, do clutch and flywheel, put in some bushings, better tyres, an ECU + tune ...
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    egb16a
    thanks guys! ive decided to go for ek9 cams with dc2r gearbox! thanks heaps

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    you could put in a B20 block and make it a 2.0ltr

or cams, cam-gears, skunk2 intake manifold + hondata IM gasket, service the injectors, do clutch and flywheel, put in some bushings, better tyres, an ECU + tune ...
    ye i think this is well said in the way that getting a b20 block can be somewat cheap and the fun you have piecing together for the conversion.
    Keep the b16a head.
    Golden eagle VTec conversion Kit

b20 bottom end

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop_gee View Post
    ye i think this is well said in the way that getting a b20 block can be somewat cheap and the fun you have piecing together for the conversion.
    Keep the b16a head.
    Golden eagle VTec conversion Kit

b20 bottom end
    thats a interesting b20 bottom end never seen b20 blocks like that before lol

i would also get a itr intake manifold with throttle body to get the best out of your cams
    then a tune

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    egb16a
    ok! im actually considering the b20 vtec ! but dno much. some say all i need to buy the b20 vtec kit conversion and a b20 block and put it all together.. is it really that simple?

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    ITR Intake manifold and throttle body.
    If you do get ek9 / itr cams , get type R valve springs too.
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com