Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    egb16a
    readin the b20vtec discussion thread atm!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    egb16a
    ok! ive decided not to go b20vtec! its a great build no doubt about it! but it way too much for me. but yeah definitely decided on ek9 head + type R intake manifold and TB + type R lsd box. thanks all for your heap. much appreciated

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    egb16a
    i guess my next question is whats the better way to go with the ek9 head? replace the cams valve spring with ek9 ones? or just buy a ek9 head.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    if you do the intake manifold i would recommend getting a hondata gasket as well - quality product that =)
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by 90LAN View Post
    thats a interesting b20 bottom end never seen b20 blocks like that before lol
    lol your friggin sarcasm man hahahah
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I think you're making the right decision pursuing the B20VTEC.

I built my B16A head with cam shafts/gears, valves, valve springs, retainers, port work, ITR throttle body/intake manifold, re-welded combustion chambers, angle-grind blah blah blah and to be honest I think I'd rather start with the B20 block next time. I've seen B20VTEC's with I/H/E making great power (around the 115kw mark usually) and the low-end power feels awesome.

Throw in a 4.7 gearbox and you're laughing.

Although IMO the mod with the best re-sell value would probably be the 4.7 GBox. Building your engine head with cams etc you'll never get any of your money back.

Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    I think you're making the right decision pursuing the B20VTEC.

I built my B16A head with cam shafts/gears, valves, valve springs, retainers, port work, ITR throttle body/intake manifold, re-welded combustion chambers, angle-grind blah blah blah and to be honest I think I'd rather start with the B20 block next time. I've seen B20VTEC's with I/H/E making great power (around the 115kw mark usually) and the low-end power feels awesome.

Throw in a 4.7 gearbox and you're laughing.

Although IMO the mod with the best re-sell value would probably be the 4.7 GBox. Building your engine head with cams etc you'll never get any of your money back.
    i think he said he's not bothering with b20

Quote Originally Posted by 90LAN View Post
    thats a interesting b20 bottom end never seen b20 blocks like that before lol

i would also get a itr intake manifold with throttle body to get the best out of your cams
    then a tune
    GOLD!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    egb16a
    yeah im not! haha! sorry to disappoint you guys !

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    ta misread

Member Array
    Car:
    D15BSwappedEM1.
    does he need a tune since his getting EK9 cams? if he does may aswell add in a hondata S300 while his getting it tuned lol
    Originally Posted by charliebrown
    And whoever said my gsi is overpriced... you got NO idea mate. GSis go for 13k+

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    egb16a
    hey guys, its such a hard decision! i dno if i should get oem ek9r/dc2r cams... or aftermarket cams.. same with intake manifold and throttle.. to got dc2r oem or aftermarket.. but either way, im definitely going to get a hondata s300 to tune my car.

Member Array
    Car:
    D15BSwappedEM1.
    i was once told you may aswell add a little more money in for aftermarket cams, not too sure though
    Originally Posted by charliebrown
    And whoever said my gsi is overpriced... you got NO idea mate. GSis go for 13k+