DC2/R Demister light bulbs

Hey All,

Is there anywhere (other than Honda) that would have the following strange bulbs?
    Are they sold as a set or bulbs and plastic bits separate?
    Do any other Hondas (like Civics) have the same ones? sadly theres not much at Pick and Payless I could go and get.
    Cheers, Tseesinngwailo

Every Day You Don't Practice, Is A Day You Get Worse
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

I'm prettty sure you can only get them brand new for honda and they are pretty pricey from what i remember like $7 each

Thanks for that, does anywhere non-Honda have them? it's just hard for me to get to Honda in the hours they have at Rydalmere, dealers don't seem to have spare parts anymore
    Every Day You Don't Practice, Is A Day You Get Worse
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

TBh i don't know , but then i haven't really tried either.
    Could always try electronic stores like Jaycar
    or http://www.superbrightleds.com/ Might also.
    Otherwise try a wreckers would be my next best bet.

In my ef8, I looked for old unused stitched from other vehicles. they should only have a few sizes, look for the right one for you.

I always keep old switches and stuff for this very purpose.

You can remove the globe itself if the base is the wrong one for you.

Just pry out the wires so they are straight enough to pull them out.

It's the rubber mounts that are special, not the light bulb itself. If you're good with your hands, you cand do what I did when mine blew out.

It's the same two lights on my DC2. The Demister icon backlight and the Demister 'on' light.

Buy a handful of the tiny light bulbs (sometimes they are known as 'grain of wheat' bulbs) from Dick Smiths. The decent big stores with an electrical DIY section, not the smaller stores. They'll sell the bulbs in plastic bins, grouped with other electrical components. Bring alog your originals to compare sizes. Buy the 12v bulbs. Lower voltage ones will blow quickly. The light bulbs will have two small long wire leads attached.

Use a pair of fine tweezers or something to unstitch the original burnt out lights from their rubber mounts and remove them. You'll realise that they are just regular tiny light bulbs with their leads wound around the rubber mount/base.

Now strip the rubber insulation from the wire leads on the new bulbs. You'll need a steady hand. From memory, I don't think I even cut the insulation. I pulled and the insulation slid off. Trim the bare wires to a reasonable length and insert the bare wires of the new bulbs into the rubber mounts and wind them the same way as the originals. Trim off excess wiring after that.

if the old light has a coloured 'condom' on it, you can pull it off and re use it on the new bulb.

Re-insert the lights into the car.

I swapped two bulbs in 10 minutes tops sitting at a desk. They are small and fiddly, but I like playing with fiddly things.