Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Springs

Member Array
    Car:
    DB6

Springs

hey guys i got a honda civic eg. and i now dont want to be so low on springs that airnt comfortable ( custom springs bought like that ). anyways was wondering whats good springs that are comfortable for going over:
    -potholes
    -speed humps
    -turning corners
    -swerving etc.
    basically something good ?

im only wanting 1.5" to 2" drop ?? (like 1 or 2 finger gaps on 195/55/15). dont want slammed anymore. what are good comfy springs for that drop you guys recommend ? eibach ?

and im not a fan of king springs..

pedders is good bro! for 2" drop, pedders feels almost like oem just bit stiffer by a tad.

Member Array
    Car:
    DB6
    i can instal them my self. its easy haha. nah king sags over time rather not use them

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    chopping springs is dangerous as you are destroying the structural integrity of the spring, the spring rate, and the cut will never be a perfect match for factory mounting positions

i would advise getting either Tein S-Techs, Tein H-Tech or Eibach

the S-Tech will give about 1.3-1.5" drop on EG (i have them at the moment)
    the H-Tech are suppose to be closer to the 1" drop and are suppose to be more comfortable
    and i dont know that much about Eibach other than they are more expensive

the S-Tech on OEM shocks is a nice combination for comfort/sport driving - later on if you want more performance you can add in a sport shock like Koni Yellow or Skunk2 Sport Shocks

i have Tein S-Tech ($300 posted from USA) and Skunk2 Sport Shocks ($400 posted from USA) on my EG8

springs are easy to install by yourself (you will need some spring clamps/compressors and a desent selection of tools)
    it can be a bit of a mission the first time you do it - but after the first one you get into it pretty well

also be prepared to replace your OEM bump-stops on the shocks as well - the old ones usually disintegrate when you take the shocks off the car lol
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by babiiiiiiiiiii View Post
    hey bro, thought you had some spring going with ur eg before , but king is the best option and cheapest way to do it , 400 buks fitted man , but if you dont like king you can go with tein spring but they are more expensive but still do the same job , not much different in between , coli is hard and not that comfortable but you can go as low as you want and raise it back up .. its all depend on how much you want to spend tho ..

i wouldnt spend more then 500buks( included labour) for spring only man. no coilover wont be a go at all.

p.s pm sent
    LOL comparing tein and king springs is like apples and oranges - i have had a few sets of both on several different cars and king are absolute rubbish - they lower the ride height, but they also sag and provide no feedback or performance at all

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    i really do wish i understand a word of that post ... but i dont

engrish?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    ah ok - if you arnt noticing a difference between tein springs, king springs and chopped than i think you are really better off leaving the car stock

i could clearly tell the difference between each
    - chopped springs are very unstable, have alot of lift and dive in them and feel uneven
    - kings feel very flat, cushy, un-responsive and they sagged
    - teins were responsive, didnt sag, lowered to a perfect height and made the car feel more peppy

Member Array
    Car:
    DB6
    do you have pics of theway your car sits?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    with Tein S-Tech Springs and Skunk2 Sport Shocks

be aware that the shocks are a bit more on the aggressive side of things - but still not too over the top

Member Array
    Car:
    DB6
    how thats good hieght man. rather that. mines tooo low its scraping my exhuast. and my rear is a bit bouncy is.
    bad quality. i want about 1-2 finger gaps. yours a assume is 1 or 2 finger gap ? althought your back looks lower by a bit.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    its actually fairly level - there would be -1mm in the back - its just the angle of the ground on our front lawn

its almost exactly 2 finger gap - it was higher with just the springs - the shocks lowered it a little as well

Member Array
    Car:
    DB6
    ahh i see thanks for the help

id rep you but i cant it wont let me