Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Springs

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc5r
    I thought your eg was dropped charles?? Didnt you just chop the springs before?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I'm with Mike - go German. I use Bilstein on both my cars

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic, S15 200SX
    I've got Tein S-Tech's on my EK, good if you don't plan on changing your stock shocks.
    1.5'' drop and progressive spring rate design. ride is comfortable and not stiff compared to king springs.

at the time i was thinking of getting kmacs, but was reading around and people had mixed views.
    most will say they are good cause they are made to your specifications whilst others complain about the quality of the springs ever since they changed to new management.

teins ftw!

Member Array
    Car:
    DB6
    alright ill probs go tein s tech, umm eg , dc and ek are they same springs right ? or should i go specifically for eg?

^EG specific due to weight differences

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    92-95 EG Hatch - get this and you will be fine

dont forget to get some bump-stops and some shock bush's - otherwise the shocks will suffer a bit

also let us know how it all goes =D
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    DB6
    Quote Originally Posted by mikul View Post
    I thought your eg was dropped charles?? Didnt you just chop the springs before?
    yeahs but its too low and not stiff enough . plug i just relised its chopped custom. omfg. dont want more defect then it is.

Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    ^EG specific due to weight differences
    cheers man althought thought dc2 and ek isnt alot more then a eg?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    92-95 EG Hatch - get this and you will be fine

dont forget to get some bump-stops and some shock bush's - otherwise the shocks will suffer a bit

also let us know how it all goes =D
    cheer msn def get bump stops and shock bush, also how many bumpstops should be per shock ?
    and waht colours the springs you have i see to much, green and red, green and brown and green and black. dont know which is legit or not.'

EDIT : also to the the tein s-stech owners. rate oem springs 1-10 on comfortablity and 1-10 on tein s-tech 1-10 .. cheers ! on stock shocks
    Last edited by viinnh; 17-06-2011 at 06:18 PM.

I believe if an EG uses DC springs, it would be about 20-25mm higher. So that's a pretty big difference imo

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    you need 1 bumpstop per shock - the springs will come with instructions on cutting them to mach the teins - i did this with a marker and hobby knife

tein s-techs arnt a massive change from stock for comfort - its only when you add in an aftermarket shock that the comfortability starts to get a bit thinned out

also - real ones should be green with brown plastic bits - the gold ones are H-Techs which are softer and higher up
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680