Page 213 of 268 FirstFirst ... 113163203210211212213214215216223263 ... LastLast
Results 2,545 to 2,556 of 3209
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2/180sx
    Bought this jdm dc2 wreak
    Spent the day striping this jdm dc2
    - Pulled off rear coilovers
    - Half removed front coilovers
    - Whole interor
    - Headlights
    - Wheels
    Thats it so far. Tomorrow will remove tailights, rear bar, rear garnish and exhaust
    Last edited by Johnie; 22-06-2013 at 11:19 PM.

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    So leaving work a week ago proved to be eventful. Clutch hit the floor and I could feel the hydraulic pressure drop every time I used it. Through the various Hills suburbs I went, babying the clutch, driving slowly in second-third and rev matching trying to catch lights just right.

Looking at the clutch master cylinder, it was both empty and filthy - what looked like carbon build up inside. I checked the lines, then pulled off the slave/clutch rubber cover only to see fluid weeping from the piston end of the slave.

Yonas at JDMYard hooked me up with a new slave and I got my tools out today.

Only to realise that the last time I did a brake/clutch line it was my '64 EH Holden and my spanners were all imperial.

Off to supercheap for proper line spanners (I've learned the hard way not to use regular spanners on lines) and fresh fluid and a one-man bleed unit.The E30 bonnet as a tool bench was optional.

First step was to undo the pipe into the slave. Fortunately my spanner's length just fit into the fan shroud and turned without hitting the radiator. Easier than I guessed it would be. Next the two bolts holding the slave in needed a 12mm spanner on them as a ratchet would foul on the fan shroud. There are two ways of doing this, from the top (hard) from the bottom (easy). I of course didn't think to try it from the bottom. Off it came and promptly frll into the oil pan I had under the car.

Lots of fluid on the gearbox and a little inside the dust cover. Gave it a clean up (and the OCD kicked in, I cleaned the bolts as well ) Got out the cue-tips and daughter's old toothbrush and cleaned the master cylinder cap that had carbon/grit inside it.

Paper towel and cue-tips also took care of the master cylinder (couldn't get into the corners though - doesn't matter, it flushed out later on).

Putting the slave back in was fiddly as the dust cover goes onto the slave, then you bolt it to the gearbox but first making sure the piston is seated in the clutch arm and that the line is seated. A few tries and it was all in. Putting the two bolts back required a bit of a jiggle to line the bolts up. As always, I couln't get the bolts to line up with the hole. Remembering what a mechanic mate had told me "Imagine it's your girlfriend" (innuendo implied) got both holes lined up easily enough (no inuendo implied!) and tightened it up. Dust jacket took a little finessing and then it was on to the bit I hate, bleeding the system.

Actually, now I'm starting to wonder if I'm talking about the car or not

The one-man system is great, fill the master cylinder, half-fill the bottle attach small probe to the hose on the bleed-bottle and twist it into the bleed-nozzle. Back the nozzle off half a turn and put the bottle up higher than the slave (it has a nice magnet built into the bottle).

Pump the clutch, top the master up, pump the clutch more, empty the bottle when full, rinse and repeat then snick the bleed closed. I went through just over a litre of fluid as I was flushing out all the crap that had been sitting in the system. By the end I finished with the lines clear This was the last of the crap:

Master cylinder looking clean and clear:

I then went back over everything to make sure I hadn't missed anything (or left tools in the engine bay), in the process realising that it would have been easier to get to the bolts from beneath. Clutch works nicely, engages smoothly and all is right in the world again. Not a bad effort for 3 hours work. It was possibly one of the easiest mechanical jobs I've done in a long time... so I've probably done something wrong
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    nice bor, whre can i get those one man bleed magic
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    My local auto store had it. Pretty damn cheap too (under 10 bucks).
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    Proper spanner is always good
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    yewww, genuine itr gear knob coils going in soon

did this while engine was out

$30 spray can job, turned out like so bawzzzzzzzz

and here it is with the motor in it ;

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmEG5 View Post
    did this while engine was out

$30 spray can job, turned out like so bawzzzzzzzz

[img]http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/sphotos-f.ak/hphotos-ak-ash4/376035_10151451390047979_1731240008_n.jpg[/img ]

and here it is with the motor in it ;

[img]http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/sphotos-g.ak/hphotos-ak-prn1/945757_10151476947577979_260724583_n.jpg[/img ]
    What did you spray princess?
    We're doing it for the children.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    da engine bay

i can tell by the oversprays

yuz de enjin bey

Member Array
    Car:
    DB6
    injen bay?