Page 103 of 268 FirstFirst ... 35393100101102103104105106113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,225 to 1,236 of 3209
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    yeah true that but argh, I just couldn't bring myself to get rid of my B18

maybe if the B18 dies eventually I'll get a K :P
    i dont think you want to wait for that, my b18c died, if i had of sold it off first i would of had 5k to start off...instead i had to fork out more cash in one hit for the k
    DON'T GET RIPPED OFF DIY

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    k series just picks up and goes, gear after gear it doesnt disaapoint.
    My B20 feels like it has more torque thooo? i guess its due to the heavy duty clutch and mine almost on its way out ?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by 89lude View Post
    i dont think you want to wait for that, my b18c died, if i had of sold it off first i would of had 5k to start off...instead i had to fork out more cash in one hit for the k
    Nah man doesn't matter for me, too much money and time put into the B18 to turn back. I don't make baller enough wages to do mad projects, I only have what I have because I save money by DIY.

so whats the go with your K-Monster? still selling or keeping?
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    Nah man doesn't matter for me, too much money and time put into the B18 to turn back. I don't make baller enough wages to do mad projects, I only have what I have because I save money by DIY.

so whats the go with your K-Monster? still selling or keeping?
    Well everything is for sale for the right price. But I'm still building the car! Will be slow for awhile, times are tough around xmas/ny. Asking for opinions in my build thread atm before i go forward with few things! But yeah same goes for us, we aint baller or anything just save by diy and learn on the way. I'm a student after all so don't work often either.
    DON'T GET RIPPED OFF DIY

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by 89lude View Post
    Well everything is for sale for the right price. But I'm still building the car! Will be slow for awhile, times are tough around xmas/ny. Asking for opinions in my build thread atm before i go forward with few things! But yeah same goes for us, we aint baller or anything just save by diy and learn on the way. I'm a student after all so don't work often either.
    haha man you must have to save up cash something epic if you can buy all that awesome stuff while studying! been following both your builds, inspiring stuff man. good on you for DIY'ing everything. I reckon you should keep that teg man, sooo much work put into it so it'd be a shame to see it go so soon
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    something broke on mine today

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    k20 dc2
    finally turned over the k20, worked fine thank god

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    Another day... another set back.

This one is our fault though. As you all know, we took the K20 out last week, and had it sitting on the ground, then we discovered the threaded head on the K24... so we started pulling that apart, disregarding the K20 all together.

Today we started by pulling the gearbox off the K20... boom... clutch is dead. Glenn confirmed that on side had no meat left on it, and the other had about 1mm. Glenn has told me to ring Direct Clutch in Brisbane and have them repuck the Excedy clutch I have with either a 5 or 6 puck carbotic spring disk. I'll also have them test clamp the pressure plate and see if they can modify the fingers for more clamping pressure. Obviously I'll have my 3.8kg Toda flywheel machined in the process. Hopefully this can all be done before Thursday (We'll be dropping it off on Monday)

So we decided to put the K24 all back together, ready for the gearbox to be mounted, so that we can put it into the car by no later then Friday! It's all going to be very touch and go for us and this build in the next week. The basic run down is:
    - New clutch (To above specs) and machined flywheel
    - Fit Clutch and flywheel
    - Fit engine
    - Rewire engine
    - Fit sub frame
    Hopefully the above can be done by next Friday. The following needs to be done on the Saturday morning :s
    - Wheel alignment
    - 3' stainless cat back
    As most of the work shops in Brisbane are only open till 12pm on a Saturday, I'm not sure how I'm going to go with the Saturday morning stuff... even though the exhaust shop I plan to use is only down the road from my suspension shop.

If all of the above is done, I'll be getting Adrian to tune the car on Monday... YAY!

Anyway... where are some happy snaps of the car. I always love to see engines with all the bits attached to them, so I thought I would mount my Toda headers and my RBC to the engine, just so I can see what it all looks like... before it's hidden in the engine bay.

I've also noticed that when I get bad news about the engine (Such as the threaded spark plug and clutch), I start to clean stuff. I've basically degreased the gearbox last week when I found out about the spark plug... and the engine when I heard about the clutch.

This has really got me to thinking of getting rid of aircon, sourcing an electronic steering rack (Thus eliminating the powering steering pump), and going all out with a wire tuck. I'm actually REALLY enjoying all this DIY work I've been doing/helping with, and I wouldn't mind actually building a car to similar specs to something you would probably find in the States.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    I took mine to all japan day in silverwater park today. go here to see the pics I took of the cars there:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...l-Call!/page27

probably got some members rides in there somewhere
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Robi's post just pwns all!

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Vti-R
    Paint Prep! Just another day when its off the road....

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    restored my type r seat foam. now for a big clean and they should be as good as new