Page 45 of 268 FirstFirst ... 35424344454647485595145 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz_Striker View Post
    Washed, clay bar, cut, polished, and waxed my car. I used all Autoglym products including the high definition wax and I was very impressed with it, the queen is on to a good thing! Haha. Took me from 10am till about 6pm tonight to do it all but it was worth it! Car looks sweet
    Legit, Any pictures of before and after? Still gotta buy one of those gad dam clay bars and some new Glym! Shits expensive yo.

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubstein View Post
    Legit, Any pictures of before and after? Still gotta buy one of those gad dam clay bars and some new Glym! Shits expensive yo.
    Yeh i know, burnt a decent size hole in my wallet lol I have some after pics, i'll post em up in a sec

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    after pics, just realized that when i took these photos i hadn't buffed the drivers side mirror lol

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

When you say it didnt turn out any better, do you mean from when you started? Certainly was mate, good old fashioned elbow grease!! Haha I'm gonna feel it tomorrow though lol
    Yeah pretty much did not change a thing looks-wise before/after... it "felt" smoother and there was probably added protection to the paint from the wax adhered to the clean surface but just felt like i wasted my time cos i was expecting paint to look respray new lol i guess spending >$150 (and 10 hours) on it you'd expect a lot

edit: fuarkkk that's clean as man, really like ya car. anything planned for it?

by the way man, how did you avoid getting polish/wax on the black trim or anything dark coloured and badges, lights, cracks etc
    Last edited by charliebrown; 08-09-2011 at 08:12 PM.

Hey boys i need some opinions. Not sure if i should go coilovers and go lower. This car is daily driven, right now i'm having no troubles with the height on the roads i take. I wanna avoid having to roll guards and buying camber kits as well as staying legal height of course.

This is how it sits right now

This is my driveway, i can just get out without scraping with some angling

Member Array
    Car:
    '98 DC4 [B-74P]
    Lookin good Charlie! Ever had any issues with the police with amber corners?

Nah bro, never had issues with the police in general and i do drive at night a fair bit too

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    Yeah pretty much did not change a thing looks-wise before/after... it "felt" smoother and there was probably added protection to the paint from the wax adhered to the clean surface but just felt like i wasted my time cos i was expecting paint to look respray new lol i guess spending >$150 (and 10 hours) on it you'd expect a lot

edit: fuarkkk that's clean as man, really like ya car. anything planned for it?

by the way man, how did you avoid getting polish/wax on the black trim or anything dark coloured and badges, lights, cracks etc
    Fair enough, to be honest it didn't make as much of a difference as i thought it would but it definately looks heaps cleaner and glossier. +1 for the smoothness and protecting the paint, glad i only have to do that every 6 months too haha

Yeh i'll be looking at a few different mods, first major one will most likely be coilovers. But i'm waiting till i move house as my current driveway has an awkward little drop in it and i'll scrape every time i park my car at home if i lower my car. It already goes close to hitting at stock height lol i've put on some oem window visors and a spoon shift knob but thats the extent of things atm. thinking of doing a 4 point rear strut bar and a 2 point front strut bar soon

I mainly tried to apply any wax/polish to the microfibre/foam applicator i was using instead of just pouring or spraying it straight onto the body work. I did get some small spots on the black trims and in between the doors. But i just made sure once i finished that i went over and wiped all of them away or buffed them out

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    Hey boys i need some opinions. Not sure if i should go coilovers and go lower. This car is daily driven, right now i'm having no troubles with the height on the roads i take. I wanna avoid having to roll guards and buying camber kits as well as staying legal height of course.

This is how it sits right now

This is my driveway, i can just get out without scraping with some angling

Car looks the goods man, maybe you could get a metal grate to put across the gutter so your wheels dont enter the gutter

Fair enough, to be honest it didn't make as much of a difference as i thought it would but it definately looks heaps cleaner and glossier. +1 for the smoothness and protecting the paint, glad i only have to do that every 6 months too haha

Yeh i'll be looking at a few different mods, first major one will most likely be coilovers. But i'm waiting till i move house as my current driveway has an awkward little drop in it and i'll scrape every time i park my car at home if i lower my car. It already goes close to hitting at stock height lol i've put on some oem window visors and a spoon shift knob but thats the extent of things atm. thinking of doing a 4 point rear strut bar and a 2 point front strut bar soon

I mainly tried to apply any wax/polish to the microfibre/foam applicator i was using instead of just pouring or spraying it straight onto the body work. I did get some small spots on the black trims and in between the doors. But i just made sure once i finished that i went over and wiped all of them away or buffed them out
    Well your car is pretty new anyway so would have been shiny regardless.

Let us know how long the 'smooth wax feeling' stays on. Mine only lasted like 2-3 weeks in dry weather with good surface prep. If no prep and rainy weather, the coat disappears after about a week. Too lazy to reapply cos it takes frickin ages to wash > dry > dewax > wax.

When i got overpolish/overwax the next day i went over all the trim with meguiars trim detailer to blacken them up again to get rid of the white bits, and used a toothpick to get the dried wax out of the cracks (must have pushed them in when i buffed). You did yours pretty careful though so shouldn't have to do that shit

looks good for a daily, how much did u lower it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    looks good for a daily, how much did u lower it?
    approx 1.5" front 2" rear. i wanna go 2.25" front and 3" rear but then im gonna have issues... and can't go that low unless i'm on coils otherwise cars gonna fkn bounce 2m into the air on bumps and shits gonna scrub all over.