Member Array
    Car:
    Eg

3 amps with stock sound system help

ok
    here we go i have a honda accord, right now i have a 0 gauge power wire running to my boot from the battery terminal,its connected to a 2 way distribution block powering 2 amps,one Sony mono block, 500watt rms, and a no name brand avalanche amp which isnt to powerfull unsure on specs for my parcel shelf and rear door speakers, i want to add another amp sansoui 4 chanal cause i just installed some pioneer front speakers will i need a capacitor or the big 3 or anything like that . stock battery and alternator

Most likely not. You odn't mention the wattage of the Avalanche amp, but if the Sony is only 500W then I'd guess that the other one is going to be a very similart sort of size.

I've got a bit over 2000W of RMS power in my car, and it powers it just fine off the stock alternator and a decent battery. I haven't found the need for a capacitor or extra battery yet. I hope that I don't.. I can't fit an extra battery in anywhere!

The best way to do it is... install it the way that you want, and if you notice a problem, put a capacitor in. Just remember that a capacitor doesn't solve every problem. It's probably best to go to a pro shop and get them to recommend something, and that's only IF you end up with a problem.

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    Quote Originally Posted by catacaustic View Post
    The best way to do it is... install it the way that you want, and if you notice a problem, put a capacitor in. Just remember that a capacitor doesn't solve every problem. It's probably best to go to a pro shop and get them to recommend something, and that's only IF you end up with a problem.
    why suggest putting a cap in if theyre a 'band-aid'?

madmott, youll be alright. as long as you have a healthy battery & alternator then 0 awg power & ground wiring should be more than enough, overkill even. definately dont need a cap, unless you want it for 'wank factor'.

if you want a more clear-cut answer then we need more details.. what are the specs of amps & drivers? what are the fuse ratings in the amps? probably dont even need to answer those 2 questions cus i can tell you'll be fine.
    /////ALPINE - )))morel - dYnaudio - \\Image Dynamics// - audison - optima - co|\|ection audison - stinger - Dynamat

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    i reckon, dont bother with the amp for the rear speakers. Just run them off the headunit, and use your current amp for the front speakers.

You want most of the sound to be coming from the front of you.

When you go to a concert, do you stand with your back to the people playing? No, you look at them, with the sound coming from infront of you. This is how you want to set your car up.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg
    thanks guys , yeah well i already have 3 amps and i got the 0 gauge wiring for free of a mate, that's why i have it installed, so ill install it all and if problems occur then ill go from their

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    well, thats fair enough
    to see all of my build, checkout