Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

places that lower your car for $300-400 any tricks?

i've been to sites like ozzy tyres and they can lower your car for $300-400
    is there anything bad at all?

i know they only supply king springs or whatever
    when lowering a car is there anything else to it besides taking apart the suspension and swapping the stock springs with the new one?
    ty
    Last edited by migoreng; 12-07-2008 at 10:39 PM.

Advisable to get a wheel alignment after the spring swap too.

Also before doing the spring swap to lower, ensure the wheels you have (if aftermarket) have an offset that won't cause rubbing.

replacing shocks?

i will have to get my shocks checked out...
    if the shocks will be fine for another year or 2 on the lowered springs then i will just get springs
    is a 1-1.5" drop on stock shocks really that bad?
    people make it sound like it's suicide or something..
    is it really that bad?

so there's nothing wrong at all with paying $400 to get lowered springs installed?

With a 1-1.5" drop you can get away with the stock shocks for a while, but they will "die" sooner than if left at standard height. It's only if you drop it 2.5-3" or more on stock shocks, then it's suicide. ;-)

Around $400 seems to be more or less the going rate from my own shopping around too.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    1-1.5" drop on stock springs should be ok

Id advise a wheel alignment and check if the rims you will be using wont rub (as mentioned above)

IMO 400 for getting lowering springs with install is rape...

You can buy QUALITY lowering springs for less and get them installed by a (what i consider Professional) like "Bennjamin" (and he does the job right and at a good price)

Good luck mate
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

i just wanted to know about what you get for $400 lol
    i originally planned to order eibach springs and get my mech friend to help me

yeah for some reason i don't like king springs

also my wheels are stock
    205/50/16

205/50/16 - what car do you have?

Member Array
    Car:
    Rachel & Renee
    you wont have a problem.. mate slammed 4 inches on 16s no scrubbing its fine!
    Coup De Grace / Rachel

Built by Backyard Performance
    JDMyard / Autobarn Bankstown / Accurate Brake and Clutch Lidcombe / Performance Exhaust Northmead

Banned Array
    Car:
    EH9
    down 2.5" on 17's slight scrubbing on full lock with 2 or more people in the car, no biggy, roll gaurds... but um, have a look around here for sum 2nd hand springs, then get benny 2 instal them 4 u i paid half of wat u paid and im happy as sh!t... also u will probly regret wasting 400 on a 1", 1.5" drop... thats like 2 - 3 cm... hardly noticable on stock wheelz unless your like me and just looking 2 fill the wheel arch gap then yeh watever...

you paid $200 to lower your car??
    lol

well from looking at my car a 1.5" drop should leave a 1-2 finger gap.
    i'm happy to pay $300-400 to lower my car anyway.
    i will have to look around and hope i can find good springs like eibach for $300ish

and yeah i know a wheel alignment is necessary so that's another $30 or so..