Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Great Vids Peter

We sorta have an itch to build an IPRA car now.
    As a concept for good close racing in almost production based cars it is a good category. However, as I have found out in my 15 plus years experience in racing, there is no such thing as a "cheap", "entry-level" form of motorsport. If you want to compete you have to have fistsful of dollars, lots of time to spend building and developing your car and engine, and unlimited enthusiasm.

IPRA, like most other forms of State-based motorsport, is dominated by people who have an abundance of cash, and access to almost limitless resources.

Sure, you can run on a shoestring budget (say under $25K for a year inc. initial cost of car) but you'll be at the back of the field making up the numbers.

It's much better than supersprinting and the adrenalin rush of competing door to door will keep you coming back, but you will always be broke. What I used to hate was having to sell things just to keep the car running.

Good luck to anyone taking the plunge. If you're young and keen, you will enjoy yourself. Now, I enjoy [re]building cars but without the cost of running it competitively.

Peter
    Still here. Still kickin'

Account Disabled Array
    Peter,

I dont plan to build a car and be back of the field. Im sure you should know that when we our mind into it, we will have a very competitive car. In the mean time, we will sit back and read the rule books to see what can be done and what can't be. You should be expecting an IPRA car out of our stable in 2013

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    nice, ive been getting more and more intriqued by track racing.. im thinking of going to honda nats now hmmmmmmmmm

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    nice, ive been getting more and more intriqued by track racing.. im thinking of going to honda nats now hmmmmmmmmm
    Technically, the HonNats would be classified as a supersprint or clubsprint. State level circuit racing is multi-car, bumper-to-bumper racing over anything from 5 to 10 laps at a time. The difference is cheese and chalk, both in rules that govern the cars and racing, and in driver adrenalin.

[Although, to be fair, in supersprints cars are usually classified according to the CAMS rule book, so Improved Production cars would run under the same build rules whether they are in a supersprint or circuit race, even though the scrutineers might be a little more lenient when scutineering for supersprints (or so I'm told)]

Both have their place.

Peter
    Last edited by jdm_b16a; 27-06-2011 at 02:18 PM.
    Still here. Still kickin'

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Peter,

I dont plan to build a car and be back of the field. Im sure you should know that when we our mind into it, we will have a very competitive car. In the mean time, we will sit back and read the rule books to see what can be done and what can't be. You should be expecting an IPRA car out of our stable in 2013
    Be good to see you at the 2013 IPRA Nationals then.
    2011 W.A Super Sprint Champion Road Reg U2L
    Thanks to my freinds/sponsors Success Legal Lawyers for helping me do enough rounds to win and Zack at Cypher Industries for top class dyno tuning.