Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Throw it like a frisbee...if it hits the target you were aiming it, its balanced, if it doesn't, you need to work on your throw...
    MFactory Competition Products

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Quote Originally Posted by crobaa View Post
    I have read your posts, just would have assumed the balancing would have be super precise. Like .01 of a gram or whatever
    HE ISN'T BEING SERIOUS FOR FUUCKS SAKE.

Sent from my custard cannon like Peter North.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    Run EK9 N1 spec pulley
    We got it in stock
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

Member Array
    Car:
    POS
    ATI Pulley. http://www.atiracing.com/products/da...s/damhonda.htm

Depends how serious you are. Because they are a little pricey.
    FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    92 B18 eg Civic
    God damn I'm gullible. Explored the possibility that bludger is some type of guru engineer/machinist lol

Quote Originally Posted by anjin View Post
    I had the first section machined off the stock crank pulley. That did expose the rubber insert that does the harmonic balancer. Ran the car that way for about a year. I then got an aluminium three section underdrive pulley, and had the air con and power steering sections machined off. Light as - under 500 grams.
    Car is essentially track only. B18C with various bits, so the lack of harmonic balancing is no longer an important issue for me.
    Hey man, im thinking about machining just one part off mine, do you recommend it ? Did any problems occur afterwards ?
    Quote Originally Posted by dwn_boi View Post
    not quite sure how to spell but taste mad, its hard on the outside and creamy on the inside omfg so good

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Use ATI 916028 (Alloy hub) - incl's hub mounted alternator underdrive. (Worth approx US$190)
    Then machine off the front of the hub that will not be used. (For the rest of the ATI damper)
    When completed, you have a neat underdrive pulley for alternator that weights just 240g (Which shits on the EK9 N1 pulley)
    This works great on track engines.
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Is there any sort of brilliant Dyno-sheet proof that Underdrive/Lightened Pulleys do bugger all for your performance?
    Like i can understand the logic behind it.. And it's easily seen in a 'Light Flywheel"

In my Motor's example.. I have a 16.9lbs Flywheel standard.. It now has an 8.9lbs Flywheel. (That's some serious Jenny Craig!)
    But a Harmonic Balancer isn't exactly heavy, nor is it of a large diameter like the Flywheel.
    So how much exactly is a little Pulley weight loss doing on a small displacement Honda engne??

Underdrive Pulleys are supposed to reduce parasitic drag from the Alt/AC/PS.. But aren't all they doing is making the accessories less-efficient at low RPMs.. And preventing them from having the shit spun out of them when you're flogging around the track? (In which case most people remove PS/AC anyway)

And probbably the most reasonable question i'll ask.. Does the effect (If any) from adding these light/underdrive Pulleys.. Become less effective with more power? ie.. I have 1500kw at the Crank, i could spin a Washing Machine so who cares if there's an Alternator leeching off of me? Whereas if you had a Whippersnipper you'd probably incur some serious issues..

Please tell me it's just a marketing gimmick.
    Like hectic anodised hose fittings.

Member Array
    Car:
    92 B18 eg Civic
    I just wanted a single belt pulley as I only have an alternator.