Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New springs for Buddy Club N+???

Hey,

I've got a set of Buddy Club N+ on my DC5R, and at the moment they're set as low as they will go. However i'm running 18"wheels, and on the back the lowest setting on them isn't quite as low as i would like.

Can you buy shorter springs that i could just swap out for the ones that came with the coilovers? Will that help me drop it a bit more? If so where do you buy them? Has anyone done this?

Any help would be great. Cheers.
    Wanted to Buy: Any aftermarket parts for DC5 Integra. PM me.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Yes you can get shorter springs in the same rate (or stiffer) from any major spring manufacturer such as Eibach, Hyperco, or Swift. Measure the length and diameter of the ones on the car and just order some in a shorter length. You should go for a stiffer rate to avoid bottoming out all the time, although this may still be a problem and the damper may not enjoy too much of a jump in spring rate and may become bouncy and underdamped. Also you will lose damper bump stroke so the shock itself might bottom out.

So what type of places can I call to order these springs? I'm guessing they're made to order?

Cheers chargeR appreciate the help

Member Array
    Car:
    TYPE-S
    Raventech Racing in Perth can supply Hyperco Springs and SWIFT springs, I am waiting for my SWIFT metrics to arrive from them shortly i am using 150mm springs on the rear of mine for your comparison.

http://www.raventechracing.com/

Would you mind me asking how much they cost you? And are these new SWIFT items shorter than the original springs in your coilovers? Or just a different spring rate? Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    TYPE-S
    the hypercos go for around $200 a pair in 65mm id and the SWIFTS go for around the $260 a pair shipped, these are approximate prices you should email Michael for current ones. The Swift springs i bought were about 15mm shorter but this is because AST standard springs were in between 6 and 7''. All i have to do is raise the lower perch by about 12mm to get the same ride height (they were stiffer as well so the 4mm will compensate for the lower static compression).

Ok cool cool. See my N+ are at their lowest setting, but id like to go another 20ish mm lower at the back. So buying slightly stiffer springs that are about an inch shorter should allow me to drop the back a bit more?

Member Array
    Car:
    TYPE-S
    i always thought N+ go very low in the rear, are both of your lock rings at the bottom of the thread?? The issue is like ChargeR stated that you risk bottoming out your piston when dropping the spring size, standard rear rates are 14kg/mm so you would need a very high rate to avoid this and in doing so you will not have sufficient damping to stop the rear bouncing around. Just out of curiosity how low do you want to go, this is my mates DC5 when he was on N+ with 18'' wheels and it was very low...

Hmm. I swear theyre on the lowest setting. ^Thats where id like mine to sit, but it seems to sit a bit higher than that. Is this DC5 on its lowest setting? When you say that both lock rings are at the bottom of the thread, do you mean that theyre wound up so that they both sit hard up against the bottom of the spring? So the spring sits firm in between the top and two bottom lock rings?

Member Array
    Car:
    TYPE-S
    above i think he had a bit more to go i will ask him to confirm. What i am trying to say is are the 2 purple lock rings that sit under the spring wound DOWN to the bottom of the thread on the damper body?

Umm no ive got them wound up to the top of the damper body, so that theyre resting hard against the bottom of the spring. So have i got them on the highest setting lol? Should the collar be wound down to the bottom for them to be at their lowest??

Member Array
    Car:
    TYPE-S
    This might help you out,

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...mirror+install

The initial damper is threaded into the lower body and locked off via the lock ring on top of the base, this is the best way to set the height without reducing stroke. If the damper is threaded all the way into the lower body then the only way to lower it further is to lower the bottom perches. I am not sure if you can thread the damper down further without removing them from the car though....