Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport

FD2 fuel consumption

Hi,
    i have my FD2 fuel consumption recorded for the past 6 months, and the result is very ridiculous....a full tank of 40L (98 fuel) runs 300-320KM.......i would consider my driving habit moderate, and a 60% city, 40% freeway driving.
    the figure is totally disappointed, may i ask if there is anything wrong with my car?
    my car has driven 69000km......automatic.....
    but even auto transmission, the combined fuel consumption (60% city, 40% freeway) would be like 7.5km/L, which is 13.3L/100km.... =='
    i am thinking if i should sell the car and get another better one with a better fuel consumption......
    or does anyone know if it is normal to have that fuel consumption record?
    P.S. i used 98 fuel....couldnt imagine if i use 91 fuel, how bad would the fuel consumption be as i had tried one tank of 91 fuel before, it gave an even less milage driven than one tank of 98 fuel.....

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    i use 98 as well on my fd2 and am getting aroud 10-11L/100km.... nowhere near urs but still ridiculour considering its a 2.0 civic lol... have you done any mods to urs? im sort of attributing my fuel consumption to my mods as i havent done an ecu tune or anything to fix the air/fuel ratio

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    sometihng is wrong with your car,

My 2.2L, 1350kg prelude running horribly rich with a bad oxygen sensor is getting 10L/100km.

I will maintain my suggestion of taking it to a mechanic and finding out the problem. that way you know how much it will cost to fix and then you can decide whether or not you want to sell it.

Even you, black8thgen, are using too much. Prelude drivers have been reporting figures around the 8-9L/100km mark. and it's more powerful, bigger engine
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    yeah i know im using way too much, it seems to be a reasonably common problem with the fd2s.. just no time to get it checked out =.=....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    sometihng is wrong with your car,

My 2.2L, 1350kg prelude running horribly rich with a bad oxygen sensor is getting 10L/100km.

I will maintain my suggestion of taking it to a mechanic and finding out the problem. that way you know how much it will cost to fix and then you can decide whether or not you want to sell it.

Even you, black8thgen, are using too much. Prelude drivers have been reporting figures around the 8-9L/100km mark. and it's more powerful, bigger engine
    Thanks, so, should i take the car to places like AutoMaster for service, and ask them to have a check with the fuel consumption as well coz my car should be serviced soon?
    how much would the fuel consumption checking be roughly??
    and any mechanic in Perth that you would recommend?
    btw, Curtis265, do u know what will cause the Kaixen HID light become dimmer? coz i feel like the HID is not as bright as before.....or it may be my own illusion....but i do feel like it became dimmer recently....
    cheers

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by black8thgen View Post
    i use 98 as well on my fd2 and am getting aroud 10-11L/100km.... nowhere near urs but still ridiculour considering its a 2.0 civic lol... have you done any mods to urs? im sort of attributing my fuel consumption to my mods as i havent done an ecu tune or anything to fix the air/fuel ratio
    i havent done anything to my FD2 except installing the HID....but i bought the car 2nd hand when it was 63000km.....i am not sure if there is anything wrong or mod done before......
    BTW, i have my ECU tuned by honda again previously, back to the stock setting when they changed the battery for me.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    the HID kit shouldn't dim no, it might be an illusion. 6000k HID's are similar to stock with regard to brightness anyway.

I think you probably just have a faulty sensor somewhere. If you take it to automasters or somethig they'll be able to diagnose it.

and then ask them to source you the cheapest parts - thats where you ask us again about brands etc.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    the HID kit shouldn't dim no, it might be an illusion. 6000k HID's are similar to stock with regard to brightness anyway.

I think you probably just have a faulty sensor somewhere. If you take it to automasters or somethig they'll be able to diagnose it.

and then ask them to source you the cheapest parts - thats where you ask us again about brands etc.
    Ok, but I don't see any faulty sensor in my dashboard....
    But I will try to take it to automaster coz I have to service anyway.
    Btw, if I take the car to automaster, are they going to replace all the fluid such as engine oil with the Honda fluid? Or will they simply do with those aftermarket fluid?
    If not doing with Honda fluid, I am thinking will there be any problem as the manual said the fluid needs to be replaced by Honda fluid only......
    And I just don't dare to get my car serviced at Honda....

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    You can always ask your mechanic to use all genuine parts for peace of mind.

Aftermarket isn't necessarily worse than genuine. It's up to you.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport
    Thanks, I will just try booking in a service for my car and will request them to check the fuel consumption problem too.
    And yes, I am planning to ask them using all Honda fluid, just thinking should I purchase the fluid and give it to them or let them charging me extra for the Honda fluid.
    Anyway, wishing they could help me finding out the problem with the fuel consumption.
    Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    TBH mang, i think and hope for your sake that it's something very simple. HOpe it goes well.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport
    Thanks
    But still need to wait to get my car serviced until July.
    Will share the solution here if it is fixed.