Member Array
    Car:
    Honda EG

speakers for 94 EG hatch

hi all,

i have a 94 EG hatch, just wondering what's the maximum size i can go for the door speakers and would i be able to fit a pair of 6x9s at the back?

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    pop the covers and have a look. have a ruler handy too...
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Member Array
    6x9's wont fit in there.

from memory 6.5 is the biggest it can handle.

6x9's wont even fit in the rear !

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    6-6.5 all-around. cant remember the depth clearance (IIRC it was between 60-65ish mm) but you probably dont wanna use the stock bracket anyway. make a spacer (or get one made if you havnt got the tools) and you can fit up to 7 inch speakers (depending on basket and magnet). with time, effort & money you can fit anything you want. but im guessing you want an 'easier/minimal route' ie. undo 4 screws, drop in the replacements.

when you go buy speakers just pop off the covers, take out the bracket and bring it with you.. then you can physically compare what can fit.
    /////ALPINE - )))morel - dYnaudio - \\Image Dynamics// - audison - optima - co|\|ection audison - stinger - Dynamat

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    in the back where the seat is you wont be able to the size that i think it can fit is 5x3's but if you want 6x9's you would have to drill your tray into 6x9 size that way you can fit them in it sounds good i did it mine but only problem is you wont here the bass cause its not made for it
    if your looking for bass and not treble your best on getting a sub 10inch would do the job if your not picky try it out